SpamCop codeing error??

Lking

copied the following from a Quick report. This is new. there may be an error in the last hot patch. Only occurs when as shown below. From: and Subject: lines vary.

Processing spam:

Subject: [Norton AntiSpam]Hello

error:ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after

<noscript>Sat Jan 16 23:58:16 2010 GMT </noscript><scri_pt><!--

document.write(showDate(1263686296));

//--></scri_pt>

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z3659452767z7...e7f7bd0f25efc5z

copied the following from a Quick report. This is new. there may be an error in the last hot patch. Only occurs when as shown below. From: and Subject: lines vary. ...
Must have been only 'momentary' - unprocessed data now resolved in your example, and in a fresh one just now - http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z3659578902zb...8751bd119ce2c9z

ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after Sunday, 17 January 2010 7:58:16 AM +0800

The reporting address (or lack of it) for the spamvertized link - which is (in)conveniently bypassed by the SoftLayer avowal of action - can be found (with member log-in) http://members.spamcop.net/sc?track=http%3...%2Favoider.html - but you're not interested in that if you're "Quick" reporting.

Farelf I think 'what we have here is a failure to communicate.' In an effort to make clear what I meant with out the use of dogs, shotguns or 'the box' ...

What you can see by following the link is not were the error was located. It goes without saying that the quick report emailed to me has not changed.

Nor have I received a more recent example of "ISP has indicated spam will cease;" to know if the the odd email content has been corrected or continues, have other Quick or Submit reporters?

What you can see by following the link is not were the error was located. It goes without saying that the quick report emailed to me has not changed.

Nor have I received a more recent example of "ISP has indicated spam will cease;" to know if the the odd email content has been corrected or continues, have other Quick or Submit reporters?

It seems to me that you are not the first to bring up the "embedded scripting codes" issue, but the last was probably a couple of years back. I don't think it was ever resolved, probably for the same reasons you're suggesting in this Discussion.

On the other hand, there is the possible explanation/argument that things are "working as intended" ..... HTML < noscript > Tag states;

The < noscript > tag is used to provide an alternate content for users that have disabled scripts in their browser or have a browser that doesn’t support client-side scripting.

The content inside the noscript element will only be displayed if scripts are not supported, or are disabled in the user’s browser.

Let me try one more time because I'm not sure what

The < noscript > tag is used to provide an alternate content for users that have disabled scripts in their browser or have a browser that doesn’t support client-side scripting.

The content inside the noscript element will only be displayed if scripts are not supported, or are disabled in the user’s browser.[/i]

has to do with with the plain text email sent to me by SpamCop as a result of reporting spam using quick reporting and view in an email application.

I have been trying to show is that

1- when I report spam using quick reporting,

2- and the source of the spam has told SpamCop that "the spam will cease;"

that

the process that develops the email back to me contains a programming error resulting in inappropriate text to be included in the plain text email returned to me as the reporter.

The error does not appear in the web pages developed in response to the URL that "May be saved for future reference:"

The error does appear in the email returned to me that provides 1 or more URLs for future reference.

I only have two emails that show this problem. Text similar to the quote in my OP appears once in one email and 4 times in another (see an other thread for the URLs).

As noted in the thread with Ex_Brit examples are hard to come by. Not only must an ISP tell SpamCop that spam will cease, but additionally a quick reporter must get another spam from that same source and report it; both are rare events.

Farelf I think 'what we have here is a failure to communicate.' In an effort to make clear what I meant with out the use of dogs, shotguns or 'the box' ...

What you can see by following the link is not were the error was located. It goes without saying that the quick report emailed to me has not changed. ...

I see. Don't mind the shogun (ain't noway you're gettin' that close), just keep that .32-40 in the rack and hush up those hounds. Seems likely this is a continuing fault with the QR e-mail generation. I take it there have been no unusual delays or other signs of system stress? Bit hard to tell with QR, I know. I guess only Don or a deputy would be in a position to verify that straight up, but I don't know that Don looks at this particular forum. Can you e-mail Don with a fwd of that mangled missive and some explanation? service[at]admin.spamcop.net

It seems that including some underlying HTML code, is not something to file a bug report about.
Well, a quick and incisive response. I see the point ... there's no evidence yet it is anything more than 'cosmetic'. But it is unintended/unpredicted 'behavior'. Sometimes that has further consequences - well worth raising IMO. Thanks for doing that.

Also reported in newsgroups

Newsgroups: spamcop

Subject: attention deputies

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:00:07 +0000 (UTC)

Also http code is still in the quick reports output whenever I get the

"error:ISP has indicated spam will cease;" message.

error:ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime

after

<noscript>Tue Jan 19 06:29:17 2010 GMT </noscript><scri_pt><!--

document.write(showDate(1263882557));

//--></scri_pt>

Archived