Relianceglobalcom -- spam-friendly?

mrmaxx

I've been reporting "cdn.collagenforbeauty.com" to relianceglobalcom for the past 3 or 4 days and I'm still getting junk from their customer. Is Relianceglobalcom a spam-haven or am I expecting them to cut their customer too soon? SpamCop UR: -- http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z3706506436z6...033bf8e1fe4986z

I've been reporting "cdn.collagenforbeauty.com" to relianceglobalcom for the past 3 or 4 days and I'm still getting junk from their customer. Is Relianceglobalcom a spam-haven or am I expecting them to cut their customer too soon?

I don't know whether they are 'spam friendly' but my experience is that responsible ISPs take up to two weeks before action is taken.

A responsible ISP will receive the complaints, investigate and more than likely give a reasonable opportunity for the person responsible to take action. When it comes to a domain, the ISP may not even be seeing spam passing through their servers. I don't find that reporting spamvertised URLs has any affect whatsoever.

But I'd expect to have to wait up to two weeks to see a result.

Andrew

A responsible ISP will receive the complaints, investigate and more than likely give a reasonable opportunity for the person responsible to take action. When it comes to a domain, the ISP may not even be seeing spam passing through their servers. I don't find that reporting spamvertised URLs has any affect whatsoever.

But I'd expect to have to wait up to two weeks to see a result.

<sarcasm>Oh, joy. I get to be spammed with various scams while RelianceGlobalCom "investigates" their spammy client</sarcasm> *sigh* I was afraid of that. I don't know where this idiot is getting their email addresses from, but I have to wonder if the return is really all that good... I mean it has to cost *something* to host their website and email. Strangely enough, the email and website are both hosted by RelianceGlobalCom, so you'd think they'd pick up on something after a few complaints!

Oh, well... back to report the latest spew from "collagenforbeauty.com" :(

Note: Just filed the latest spam report on this and CC-ed the local FBI field office since it involves a "see your credit score now" scam. :) Maybe the fact that the Feds have been CC-ed (and noted that in the notes that get sent to everyone [Evil Grin]) will spur some quicker action. Don't know, but it sure can't hurt! :D

knujon will do that type of reporting for you if they feel it is worthwhile. I can tell you that I have been sending my spamcop reports to them as well as spam[at]uce.gov for a few years but it hasn't stop criminal activity judging by the amount and type/content of spam I get...You figure it out..

knujon will do that type of reporting for you if they feel it is worthwhile. I can tell you that I have been sending my spamcop reports to them as well as spam[at]uce.gov for a few years but it hasn't stop criminal activity judging by the amount and type/content of spam I get...You figure it out..

Knujon? Who/what is that? Never heard of 'em before.

• 4 weeks later...
Read info at www(dot)knujon(dot)com for details.

Thanks. I ended up Googling and found them. I've been forwarding emails to them just about every time I report for a couple weeks. 'Course I have no idea if they are getting the emails or not, as there is apparently no "feedback" mechanism... :SHRUG:

'Course I have no idea if they are getting the emails or not, as there is apparently no "feedback" mechanism... :SHRUG:

Status reports are provided on registered account types above the General level. See www[dot]knujon[dot]com/register[dot]html

Status reports are provided on registered account types above the General level. See www[dot]knujon[dot]com/register[dot]html

Thanks. I was under the impression it was either a free or pay service. Looking at the registration page I see there's a "free personal" version with limited advertising support. I think I'll sign up for that. :-) I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Clark

inappropriate for-pay link removed by Admin

USA

<snip>

I don't find that reporting spamvertised URLs has any affect whatsoever.

The basic idea is to break the chain to the payload in addition to stopping the spam sources. One of the alternate reporting methods, Complainterator, "aims at the removal of the revenue earning end of the spam, the web sites that do the selling or infecting". Removing access to the spamvertised URLs defeats the purpose of many spammers. If no one reported spamvertised URLs that would be far less likely to happen.

Archived