Definition of spam, apparently

charlotte72

As email spam, also known as junk e-mail, is a subset of spam that involves nearly identical messages sent to numerous recipients by e-mail. A common synonym for spam is unsolicited bulk e-mail (UBE). Definitions of spam usually include the aspects that email is unsolicited and sent in bulk. "UCE" refers specifically to unsolicited commercial e-mail.

As email spam, also known as junk e-mail, is a subset of spam that involves nearly identical messages sent to numerous recipients by e-mail. A common synonym for spam is unsolicited bulk e-mail (UBE). Definitions of spam usually include the aspects that email is unsolicited and sent in bulk. "UCE" refers specifically to unsolicited commercial e-mail.

Thanks charlotte72... But I'm puzzled as to why you posted this in this this particular thread. :blink:

You might be able to make some very useful contributions in the Wiki which is always in need of updating or expanding.

Andrew

But I'm puzzled as to why you posted this in this this particular thread.

I'm also missing the tie-in. This was Posted into the Topic found at;

SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > New Feature Request

--> dnsbl lookup hit and miss counters, in free account area

There seems to be no connection what-so-ever. So, I split it out, moved it to the Lounge area, sent a PM to advise of the action.

I'm actually stuck with the thought that we have a future spammer here, based on the e-mail address used to Register here. Guess we'll see what the follow-up might be.

Archived