Spamcop Blocking email sending

Lewis

Each time I try to send an email I get a message saying spamcop is blocking my email. Here is the message. Not that I removed the recipients ID

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?68.63.34.8. Please check the message recipient *******[at]yahoo.com and try again.

I tried resolving this by requesting the address by delisted and I recieved confirmation that it was. If I query the spamcop database it says the ip address is not listed but I am still blocked when I try to send an email.

I tried resolving this by requesting the address by delisted and I recieved confirmation that it was. If I query the spamcop database it says the ip address is not listed but I am still blocked when I try to send an email.

What did you do to fix the spam problem before requesting delisting? I ask because senderbase still shows that IP as spewing spam and now listed in three blacklists.

Try fixing the problem, reading the FAQs and come back if there is still something you need help with.

...senderbase still shows that IP as spewing spam and now listed in three blacklists

At this moment I see that the SCBL is no longer listing this IP but it is still listed in cbl.abuseat.org ("It appears to be infected with a spam sending trojan or proxy.") and the Spamhaus pbl.spamhaus.org

Not sure how often Comcast reallocate dynamic IPs but your problem could be that a previous occupier of the address was infected with a trojan. But as Derek suggests you might want to check your PC isn't infected.

Andrew

Archived