problem adding yahoo

Hi

I already set up a yahoo account which ends in ymail.com

I have two other account [at]yahoo.com and [at]yahoo.co.uk

These mails get forwarded to the [at]ymail account

I tried to add my [at]yahoo.com address but got "Confirmation codes do not match" errors.

The actual error given was;

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Confirmation codes do not match:

From recipient address: ---removed  for forum---
From header:			Received:From:To:Subject:Precedence:Message-ID:Date:X-Mailer;
From body:			  ---removed  for forum---

The From recipient address and From Body codes were identical

What am I doing wrong here? I tried all the different options - pasting into a new mail, sending as an attachment and using the form on the spamcop site.

also another question, I have many email addresses (a few of which are forwarders) on different domains i own.

They all get sent through the same server via my hosting package - do they all need registering?

I only ask because ive added around 4 addresses to the list, they were all sucessful but none of them are listed on the mailhosts page - just the first one i added and then the yahoo one.

<snip>

The actual error given was;

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Confirmation codes do not match:

<snip>

What am I doing wrong here? I tried all the different options - pasting into a new mail, sending as an attachment and using the form on the spamcop site.

Hi, buggerlugs,

...Here is what I'd recommend: go to the top of the SpamCop Forum page, type the error message ("Confirmation codes do not match" including the quote marks) into the text area between the white button labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO," then press either button and review the list of articles returned to see if any might apply to you. If nothing looks promising and no one else posts a helpful suggestion here, I'd recommend you send a brief note to the SpamCop Deputies at service[at]admin.spamcop.net that describes your problem, as described in "[topic=1081]Pinned: Mailhost Issues - please read before posting[/topic]."

also another question, I have many email addresses (a few of which are forwarders) on different domains i own.

They all get sent through the same server via my hosting package - do they all need registering?

I only ask because ive added around 4 addresses to the list, they were all sucessful but none of them are listed on the mailhosts page - just the first one i added and then the yahoo one.

...From what I understand about the SpamCop Mailhost Configuration process, yes, you do. See SpamCop Forum article "[topic=4068]Pinned: Mailhost System Configuration Explanation[/topic]."

...Good luck!

You only need to register one email address for each network/host/service that provides you an email address. SpamCop doesn't care about email addresses or domains. It only wants to know about the hosts/services that supply you with incoming email services.

If you have already registered Yahoo as a host, you don't need to do it again.

You can log into your account here and click on the Mailhosts tab to see what all services you have registered.

>- Confirmation codes do not match:

Unfortunately, I have never been able to fix the headers to get the system to accept them. When you get that error, all you can do is go back to the Mailhosts page and try again.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

theres no need for thinly disguised sarcasm, I did search and sisnt see anything relevent. ...
Sorry you felt you were being put down buggerlugs. Steve (turetzsr) is more than capable of making his own protestations but it might sound better coming from someone else. You don't know him it seems (despite being around a couple of years) but, trust it is so from we who do, he is NOT known for his sarcasm, he IS known for his unfailing helpfulness. No slight was intended, I'm sure, it is simply difficult to know the depth of knowledge and prior investigation and understanding that underlies some enquiries.

The mailhosting system has some quirks not well known to we users and happily a member of the SC staff and the best possible authority to answer you (Don) has done so - consulting him was a suggestion made should you have exhausted the resources for self-help.

• 4 years later...

The info in the FAQ for adding Yahoo to mail hosts never worked for me

(that's at https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html )

If anyone maintaining the FAQ can use this, feel free to clean up the ambiguities, I don't know if everything I did was needed or not.

After a couple of days of attempts, I successfully added Yahoo to mailhosts by, well, fiddling.

There's no easy way to forward as an attachment (lots of suggestions offered, none of them worked)

What did work for me today:

In Yahoo email:

-- open the [spamCop] account configuration email

-- click for full headers

-- scroll to the bottom of the displayed email

-- click for "printable"

copy everything off the "printable" page displayed (you don't need to print it or save it as a pdf)

(mouse click-drag-click worked on the Mac, presumably select all/copy ought to work to get it into the buffer as well)

Create new email

Paste from the buffer into the message field

Make "To:" the Spamcop address specified in the robot's mail

(not quoting mine, don't know if it's the same for everyone or not)

Make "Subject:" be exactly "[spamCop] account configuration email"

(seemed to be necessary, if I didn't have that I got messages about failing to find spam in submitted email)

Send.

It took much longer to register than adding any other service did, but after an hour or more, Spamcop shows Yahoo in Mail hosts and emailed confirmation it's done.

Archived