Need Help: Listed on SpamCop

jsteidl

Hello all,

I have just come to realize that we are listed with SpamCop. I have checked all other RBL's and am not listed. We are not an open relay, etc. Either its an infected computer with a virus or something. What do I do to try and find out what was sent through my server to get me listed here? Does SpamCop have a copy of the email that was sent to make us listed? I need to get unlisted for it is starting to cause problems with client emails. Its says we have been sending emails out for over 140 days, but I see nothing going out of our servers that would show this that I am aware of. IP of our server is 204.60.67.215.

Any Help very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

204.60.67.215 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported less than 10 times by less than 10 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 140.7 days. In the past 5.7 days, it has been listed 2 times for a total of 4.6 days

In the past week, this system has:

Been detected sending mail to spam traps

Been witnessed sending mail about 500 times

Check here: http://www.dnsbl.info/

Query bl.spamcop.net - 204.60.67.215

204.60.67.215 is mail.prescients.com

204.60.67.215 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported less than 10 times by less than 10 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 140.7 days. In the past 5.7 days, it has been listed 2 times for a total of 4.6 days

In the past week, this system has:

Been detected sending mail to spam traps

Either its an infected computer with a virus or something

At present, it appears that this IP has aged off it's listed status. The "sample spam" part of the "status" page is no longer in real time, and evidence is munged, but as the listing shows "spamtrap" hits, the suggestion might be to contact Deputies at admin.spamcop.net to see the they "might" be able to offer a bit of insight as to the source and cause of the spamtrap hits. Yes, this usually seems to point to an infected machine on "your" network ..

Hello all,

I have just come to realize that we are listed with SpamCop. I have checked all other RBL's and am not listed. We are not an open relay, etc. Either its an infected computer with a virus or something.

SpamCop is not a list of open relays, it is a list of IPs that have been determined to be the source of spam that users have received.
What do I do to try and find out what was sent through my server to get me listed here? Does SpamCop have a copy of the email that was sent to make us listed?
Due to the number of spams processed each day it isn't possible for SpamCop to keep a copy of each spam reported by users. spam reports for 204.60.67.215 would be sent to abuse[at]snet.net (except for spams sent to spamtrap addresses). They may be able to provide you with copies of the spam reports.
I need to get unlisted for it is starting to cause problems with client emails.
The SCBL evidence page indicates that the listing has already expired so your problems should be over - until the next time spam is reported as originating at the IP.
Its says we have been sending emails out for over 140 days, but I see nothing going out of our servers that would show this that I am aware of. IP of our server is 204.60.67.215.
This means that selected mail servers that query the SCBL have been checking the IP for at least 140 days. It does not mean that spam has been coming from the IP for that long. Any time your server attempts to deliver email to a selected server it will query the SCBL before deciding how to handle the delivery attempt. If the server is not listed at the time then no adverse actions will be taken as a result of the query but it is still included in the number of queries on the IP.

Archived