discarded as a forgery

metaed

A spam came to my mail server today and I duly reported it. The SpamCop parser discarded the upstream server as a forgery and identified my mail server as the source.

Question 1: Where is the best place for me to report a possible parsing error?

Question 2: Will this cause my mail server to be listed as a spam source? Do I need to take any kind of corrective action?

Tracking URL:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5363898655z1...aa85466e0844d8z

Cheers,

MetaEd

You need to set up the mail host configuration of your reporting account.

I am having considerable difficulty with this: when I return the specimen e-mail I often get a long delay followed by a Gateway Timeout response.

Because of this, I have set up my primary account but only partially set up secondary and tertiary forwarding accounts. I am continuing to try to submit the remaining specimen e-mails.

I have stopped reporting spam until such time as I have a complete configuration.

I am having considerable difficulty with this: when I return the specimen e-mail I often get a long delay followed by a Gateway Timeout response.
...Not just you, unfortunately. Please see SpamCop Forum article "Reporting problems today?."
I have stopped reporting spam until such time as I have a complete configuration.
...That is the right thing to do -- thanks! :) <g>

Please note that once you get your mail host configuration setup, that you go back to the old tracking links and verify that they are picking up the setup properly.

once you get your mail host configuration setup, that you go back to the old tracking links and verify that they are picking up the setup properly.
Great tip. I did, and they are.

Archived