Emails get lost when forwarding to Spamcop

I have several email accounts that are all hosted by Readyhosting and then forwarded to my spamcop email. I have not received any email today from one of those accounts, monique[at]monique.net. When I take the forward off, I get email in Readyhosting's web mail. Readyhosting says there is nothing wrong with the account.

The other accounts seem to forward to spamcop fine, spam gets stuck in the held mail and the good stuff can be seen on my Web mail.

So, two questions, how do I stop this from happening?

and where is all the email that was sent earlier today? (Including the five test messages sent from random email address?)

Monique (Feel free to email me at Monique___DELETE___[at]___DELETE___SingleParentTravel.net)

From your problem description, there was something wrong in the forwarding set-up of this one account. Although I'm sure you did, but ... did you compare that account configuration with the ones that worked to see what was different?

And one can't overlook the other side of the issue, did you perhaps set this account up in a mode where traffic was looping? this account - to SpamCop - to this account ???

I have had spamcop for over a year (maybe even over two years) and haven't changed the settings. It is not looping and the settings are identical. All I have to do is type in my spamcop account in my regular email account to forward it to. Nothing fancy.

I doubt it has anything to do with how I set up this account last year as it was working fine last night and several months prior and then this morning...nothing.

I see that you moved my post from its original home, I will leave it to you to decide to move it back since I doubt it has anything to do with the setup.

Monique

I have had spamcop for over a year (maybe even over two years) and haven't changed the settings. It is not looping and the settings are identical. All I have to do is type in my spamcop account in my regular email account to forward it to. Nothing fancy.

I doubt it has anything to do with how I set up this account last year as it was working fine last night and several months prior and then this morning...nothing.

Sorry, nothing in your original post to indicate the "age" of your accounts, so went with it being "new" .... But again, still lost as to what else to check or suggest if all are the "same" but one account is broken. Is it possible to get a log snippet from your ISp that might show the traffic flow between that account and the SpamCop servers to possibly show what's happening?

I see that you moved my post from its original home, I will leave it to you to decide to move it back since I doubt it has anything to do with the setup.

I sent you a PM advising you of this move. I moved it based on it not appearing to be an e-mail reporting or filtering issue, and again, there was nothing in your original post to suggest that it was something other than a "set-up" issue.

So I asked the people who host monique[at]monique.net and they replied:

"since we cannot trace where your mail is there would be no way to know if the mail server received it or not. who are you using for out going mail? we do not have any way of tracing where mail comes and goes when leaving accounts."

When I don't forward my email to Monique[at]Spamcop.net, I have no problems. When I send an email to Monique[at]Spamcop.net, I receive it. When I forward other emails to Monique[at]Spamcop.net, they work, but STILL when I forward Monique[at]Monique.net to Monique[at]Spamcop.net, no emails forward, they just get 'lost'.

Any solutions other than finding another anti spam provider?

Monique

"since we cannot trace where your mail is there would be no way to know if the mail server received it or not. who are you using for out going mail? we do not have any way of tracing where mail comes and goes when leaving accounts."

I doubt these comments, however. You should be able to enable forwarding, send several messages to the monique.net address and have them check their logs to see if they arrived and where they went to. If they are not logging their transactions, I feel that is the sign of a poor organization.

Unfortunately, JT has not popped in recently as he has also offered in the past to check his logs for any connections being seen for a cretain address.

Archived