[Resolved] Unable to reset password

Hi Guys,

I ruined the account by trying to change to a 63 character full ascii set password (must not have liked the special characters) and then no password would work.

So I searched high and low until I found a password reset page for the email account which involved giving an alternative address.

I immediately received a case number from an automated spamcop bot to that alternative address, and nothing since.

Have waited until now because it was the weekend, but it's now business hours in the US and still no response.

If there's a phone number to ring I'm happy to ring it because I'm keen to regain access.

Thanks

-cc

Here in the USA, it's a holiday (delayed from 11/11 so that some people can have a Monday off work), so that might affect the response time from Georgia (home of CESMail). However, I received an email response to a support case just this morning (about 5 hours ago), so perhaps there's hope you'll hear back soon.

DT

Hi Guys,

I ruined the account by trying to change to a 63 character full ascii set password (must not have liked the special characters) and then no password would work.

-cc

Maximum Alphanumeric characters are (were?) set at 30

Your old should still may work?

Contact SC Email here

http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php

You should have a registered emergency account which will send you a working password (not used it)?

Get a Gmail (I do for my junk email from shops/travel, whatever)

To identify yourself you will need to go to PayPay and provide date of sign-up with "Unique Transaction ID" (go to PayPal history). You could be phishing :ph34r:

Maximum Alphanumeric characters are (were?) set at 30

Your old should still may work?

Contact SC Email here

http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php

You should have a registered emergency account which will send you a working password (not used it)?

Get a Gmail (I do for my junk email from shops/travel, whatever)

To identify yourself you will need to go to PayPay and provide date of sign-up with "Unique Transaction ID" (go to PayPal history). You could be phishing :ph34r:

GENIUS!!!

I just tried using only the first 30 characters of the 63 character full ascii password (inc special characters)and it has let me in.

So the limit is 30, and entering in more than 30 doesn't error - it just reads the first 30 and saves that. Good to know (not just for me, for others too).

Hi Guys,

So I searched high and low until I found a password reset page for the email account which involved giving an alternative address.

I immediately received a case number from an automated spamcop bot to that alternative address, and nothing since.

Have waited until now because it was the weekend, but it's now business hours in the US and still no response.

If there's a phone number to ring I'm happy to ring it because I'm keen to regain access.

Thanks

-cc

I responded to you on Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:12:28 -05:00 to your a......org address.

Removing "Resolved" tag pending resolution of this further issue. I would have thought the alternative contact address is readily amended by the account holder within the account details but evidently not? This is getting a little weird. It may be necessary to lodge another service request - http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php or hit the "Problem" button on your e-mail log-in/account page.

Removing "Resolved" tag pending resolution of this further issue. I would have thought the alternative contact address is readily amended by the account holder within the account details but evidently not? This is getting a little weird. It may be necessary to lodge another service request - http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php or hit the "Problem" button on your e-mail log-in/account page.

Matter is resolved. Yahoo had previously informed me they had wiped all account settings/mail due to inactivity. Therefore I was unaware of a very dated reply-to field being produced from the account.

Thanks CC, now "Resolved". Incidentally, it looks like most webmail services don't carry an "alternative address" field in their client accounts (on a sample of three, of which none do). So, any "Reply-to:" account setting on the alternate service is the thing to be aware of for future readers - a worthwhile discovery.

Archived