Quick reporting from MailWasher?

I use MailWasher to screen my mail and dump the spam before downloading it. That means my mail program never actually receives any of the spam. MailWasher allows me to click a box next to each spam to forward it to SpamCop.

When I want to confirm the spam, I have a separate email confirmation for each spam report, and it is tedious to open a new web page to confirm each one, since each page takes time to download. Also, I am a report-only subscriber -- I'm not interested in SpamCop's filtered email since I am happy filtering by content using my own filtering rules.

Is there any way of making the confirmations less time consuming? I'm thinking that when you go to spamcop and click on the link to confirm held spam reports, instead of getting one spam at a time, you would get a quick summary of all the spams you have pending on one page so you could scroll down it and click each spam you wish to confirm. That way one page with all the spams only has to load once.

Your request sems to fall under the scenario of submitting multiple spams as attachments to a single e-mail (50k per spam, 100k per e-mail limits) ... this would retune the multiple reports on one page result, but ... apparently this would require you doing that combining work. Something to take up with the MailWasher folks?

I'm thinking that when you go to spamcop and click on the link to confirm held spam reports, instead of getting one spam at a time, you would get a quick summary of all the spams you have pending on one page so you could scroll down it and click each spam you wish to confirm.

More important that whether the message really is spam is that the reports are going to the correct locations (or not going to obviously incorrect locations like your own ISP). This is one of the reasons you can only send reports one at a time, the parser needs to determine the recipients of each message for you to confirm.

There have been some requests for batching the mailwasher reports made to spamcop to reduce the multiple reply e-mail problem. With a batch of reports you would get back one e-mail with several links and could click on the first and then just click the unreported spam link on the browser to finish off the batch.

This hasn't been a high priority since not many users have requested it (hint-hint) on their forums.

The good news is you still get the current ability to review your spam before reporting it.

I don't mind the multiple emails. I mind having to click a link for every separate report and wait for the page to display. Sometimes the spamcop site is very slow. I'd rather have one long page since I have broadband and spamcop is the slowest link.

As far as checking the correct links, I honestly have no way of knowing if something like abuse[at]t-ipnet.de is the correct place to report 217.237.92.254. I have to take spamcop's word on that.

I CAN identify which are the fake/inappropriately identified links, and I can do it more easily without all the other detail (who reports are being sent to) cluttering up the text. So if one of the links is some business news site mentioning a stock being touted, I can see that that is not the spammer. So I would unclick the link, and let all the reports that link would generate be cancelled in that way, instead of unclicking individual reports.

Archived