Reporting preferences; Technical Details

I'm seeing "technical data" most of the time, even though

_Reporting preferences:

____Show Technical Details during reporting = Simple output

Anyone else getting this?

This happens both when using web reporting, & VER/quick reporting, on most reports (but not all). The web reporting page's check box "Show technical details" comes up unchecked, but I still get the tech details most of the time. Have tried changing the setting & changing back, no effect.

This started about the time I set up Mailhosts, there may be some relation? Perhaps this is intentional, like some mystery trigger in the parsing set up to force the details on?

I'm pretty much satisfied that mailhosts is working fine for me now. Seeing extra details is not intolerable, but it makes the quick reporting email reports very fat, and makes extra hoops if I'm web reporting. So if this is a "feature", I'm hoping it's temporary(?).

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, so, nobody else then?

I get technical output about half the time. I assume its either a bug or one (or more?) of the servers running some debug code.

I've been assuming it will go away someday - but it's never been enough of an issue for me to complain about it.

Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Ok, thanks! :)

"Yes, he looked at me and said, 'Doc,' he said, 'Some time, when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to get out there and give it all they've got! And win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc' he said. 'But I won't smell too good, that's for sure.' "

Ah, so, nobody else then?

I get technical output about half the time. I assume its either a bug or one (or more?) of the servers running some debug code.

I've been assuming it will go away someday - but it's never been enough of an issue for me to complain about it.

Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Borbon...   Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

It's not a bug, it's a feature

:-)

Somewhere in the past, though not cognizant now if it was in the newsgroups, a posting over in the Mail-Host Forum ...?? but I seem to recall the general statement that if the parse sailed right through, you'd get your 'simple' output .. but if the parser had to chew on something, the mail-host "flag" would cause the output to go "technical" to allow for inspection of those results to help indicate whether there was an issue with 'your' mail-host registration process. At this point, that's all I can offer to answer the query.

Archived