Slow Today?!

spamh8tr

My backlog has cleared and all submitted messages have been reported.  Email replies back to about 10 minutes and web page reporting is working about normal.

For the people it is slow, have you emptied your cache.  That is a known problem that pops up from time to time.

Hi, Steven,

...Will that help fix the slow turnaround in processing spam submitted via e-mail or only on the web site? If the former, what is the mechanism that relates the [browser?] cache to SpamCop's processing of spam via e-mail?

...As of this writing (7:31 PM EDT), I have two outstanding e-mail spam report submissions, one (6 attachments) sent at 5:29 PM EDT and one (9 attachments) sent at 5:40 PM EDT. I have received a reply for neither of these.

Hi, Steven,

...Will that help fix the slow turnaround in processing spam submitted via e-mail or only on the web site?  If the former, what is the mechanism that relates the [browser?] cache to SpamCop's processing of spam via e-mail?

Only the web browser turn around.

I have experienced the delays and the slow reporting that others have posted about. I understand that there has been some new code put into place. It appears that this allows the parser to handle spam with a very large number of links. The statistics graphs have been strange since about the time that this change was made, and the slowdowns also seem to coincide. There have been periods where the number of reports sent (the blue graph) has been less than the spam that was reported. Since there are reports sent for the origination of the spam and for the links included in the spam, this is an abnormal situation. The graphs have also shown a very low level of spam whenever the system is operating at a reasonable speed. I have been reporting since just before the first of the year. At that time the graph usually showed 10 - 12 messages per second. With all the backdoor viruses the volume at least doubled. There were a couple of days last week, and the same is true this evening, where the volume indicated is averaging in the 6 - 8 messages range. If I were guessing, I would say that admin is working out some kinks in the new code.

Archived