Google blocking Spamcop Reports?

forrie

I recently moved a domain to Google Apps.  But, as I've sent a report through the Habul plugin (for thunderbird), I am getting blocked reports from Gmail (either gmail.com or my hosted email on Google), that look like this below.    Can someone let me know if this is a general problem, as I did search the forums and didn't find anything.   But it seems odd they would do this, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Message blocked

Your message to submit.[omitted]@spam.spamcop.net has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

LEARN MORE

Looks like your Google SMTP is keying on the word "spam" and blindly blocking your submission.  Following "Learn More" --> Other Errors --> What you can do --> Report the problem.

We will give them points for trying to keep their SMTP from becoming a source of spam, however, dumb their efforts are. They obviously need your help.

I got a response from Google, unfortunately I deleted the rejection messages.   But mysteriously, a normal spam report worked today -- I have changed nothing.   Hm.  I will keep an eye on it and update this thread shortly.   I get enough spam that if there is a bug somewhere on their side, I'm apt to trip it again.

That was my thinking, too.  But even the responses to this thread are going into my spam box, despite my moving them to normal mail each time.

What I don't understand is why they would ever have a problem with Spamcop to begin with, I don't see any point of conflict.

I suspect that Google (or whoever) are looking at the message content rather than who it's from. Sometimes it's necessary to log in to webmail and click on "Not spam" for the message(s) that you believe have been misdirected. This will help retrain your provider's filters to treat reports arriving from Spamcop as "normal" mail.

Archived