The "New Look" - I can't alter the width?

Ex_Brit

I was away for a couple of weeks and came back to find everything's stranger.

This SIDEBAR in my held mail page -- useless, makes all my text lines break.

Can I remove it somehow? (I'll try AdBlock, I'm using Firefox, maybe I can just nuke it myself?)

My "Wide" setting is the same as the "Default" setting with the right hand outline down close to the center of the page. The other settings do modify the text, but not the width of the display. My screen is at 1400x1050 (the default for my laptop) and I was hoping I would not have to move up and down the screen quie so much.

I am using IE simply because it works well on all the other sites I frequent.

My "Wide" setting is the same as the "Default" setting with the right hand outline down close to the center of the page.  The other settings do modify the text, but not the width of the display.  My screen is at 1400x1050 (the default for my laptop) and I was hoping I would not have to move up and down the screen quie so much.

I just noticed that the Wide setting now does allow me to fill the screen with no column to the right side of the screen. Thank you Julian

My "Wide" setting is the same as the "Default" setting with the right hand outline down close to the center of the page.  The other settings do modify the text, but not the width of the display.  My screen is at 1400x1050 (the default for my laptop) and I was hoping I would not have to move up and down the screen quie so much.

I just noticed that the Wide setting now does allow me to fill the screen with no column to the right side of the screen. Thank you Julian

...Ditto!

Archived