Can't process Held Mail (Missing List)

In the last few days I haven't been able to report any held mail. I receive my daily list of held mail, but when I click through to the site, the list is always empty (nothing to select to report or process).

Any suggestions? Any fixes?

Though perhaps not a direct answer, try reading http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=927 .... There is the possibility that your Folders are overstuffed, and may actually be processing, but taking so long that you think hat there's a failure??? Setting up an IMAP type connecrion may help at least to let you see these folders a bit more "directly" ..???

Thanks for the reference link, but as you said, it's not quite a direct answer to the problem. To be more specific, here's what's going on:

• Spamcop sends me a Held Report e-mail with a long list of messages, which I view on my e-mail client (not through the web mail reader).
  • I click on the "Report spam" link.
  • After logging in to my account, the web page I'm presented (which normally has the same long list of held messages in the e-mail) is completely blank, leaving me no option to report or clear my held messages.

Anyone else having this problem?

That sounds like the exact problem several other people were speaking of. The links provided by Wazoo might not have been the ones I am thinking of.

If you have a Held Mail folder, you must have a Webmail account. Have you tried logging into webmail and trying to open the Held Mail folder inside of Webmail (pull down on upper right corner, not the Held Mail icon at the top center of the screen). You may see the messages that way. You can also report them from there by selecting the messages and clinking the Report as spam link or delete by selecting the Delete link.

Another possibility may be setting up an IMAP connection and looking into the mailbox that way. To report from there you would need to forward however is appropriate for your mail client. Deleting should be easy that way. Check your Webmail Options for deleting rather than moving to Trash as you may end up moving the problem to your Trash bin.

Thanks very much! This seems to work well (though, to prevent myself from repetitive stress injury, I had to change my view preferences so I could select and report my 800+ messages at one go).

Is the other method of reporting no longer available?

No, I can still access it.

In the other instances, the page started working again once the large number of messages were removed from the queue. They however reported in excess of 25000 messages in the hald mail folder. Let us know if it starts working for you again.

I have noticed a similar problem

but when I click through to the site, the list is always empty (nothing to select to report or process).

This seems to be especially true if I have been moving files using IMAP

By clicking on the browser refresh the list magically reappears.

I hope this helps.

Archived