Client side filters

Would you find it helpful if the SpamCop personal filters could be applied to all mail regardless of how the mail was accessed (POP, IMAP, Forwarding, SpamCop web interface)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you find it helpful if the SpamCop personal filters could be applied to all mail regardless of how the mail was accessed (POP, IMAP, Forwarding, SpamCop web interface)

• Can't wait, would definately use it.
    • Sounds like a good idea.
    • Might work for someone, I would not use it.
    • Not sure if it would help or not
    • Bad idea, should be kept the way it is now.
    • What in the world are you talking about?

Sorry about the typo in the question

Would you find it helpful if the SpamCop personal filters could be applied to all mail regardless of mail was accessed (POP, IMAP, web interface)

Should have read

Would you find it helpful if the SpamCop personal filters could be applied to all mail regardless of how the mail was accessed (POP, IMAP, forwarding, SpamCop web interface)

I am afriad that I can not edit the poll.

This poll is the result of previous discussions and was created to see if there is any real interest in making the filters a server feature that would be applied without having to open the web mail interface and would work with POP, IMAP, forwarding, etc.

If there is no significant interest, it would be safe to say that the status quo will stay. If enough people are interested then we might be able to have the request considered seriously.

See the following

Webmail filtering - custom filters, All this client-side/server-side malarky

White/BlackList & Filtering

White/BlackList & Filtering, at odds with a Pinned item

Not Filtering???, New account does not seem to filter...

Not all of the above directly relate to the poll, but they all do relate to filtering.

Thank you for your participation.

Please keep in mind this request has been made MANY times before with no action taken. I even asked this question a long time ago.

My belief is that JT would have to write his own filtering software to be installed along side the white/black lists instead of the filters that already exist as part of the Hoarde IMP IMAP client package that is being used. That work (and the work to support it) are probably what is keeping it from happening.

Well it appears that I was way out in left field believing that there was a lot of interest in having custom filters work outside of the web mail interface.

Since there has been a whopping big total of 5 votes cast to the poll,

I guess we can consider this option / request dead from lack of interest. :(

Well it appears that I was way out in left field believing that there was a lot of interest in having custom filters work outside of the web mail interface.

Since there has been a whopping big total of 5 votes cast to the poll,

I guess we can consider this option / request dead from lack of interest. :(

's OK. (I was the other vote in favour): I've found a workaround. I've needed to shift my domain hosting to make it work, but I now expect my daily spam count to drop from several thousand to just a couple of hundred: much more manageable!

IMO the problem with the filters is that it isn't at all clear (to dumb users like me) that they will only ever work when you're looking at your Webmail inbox. If that had been made more obvious, I'd never have expected great things of them.

Cheers, Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Just a simple post to bring this back to the top of the list.

I am still very suprised at how little interest there appears to be in this subject.

Just wondering if there is really a lack of interest or if it just got lost as it fell down the list of topics.

New paid user here and until I read this thread, I thought the filters already performed in the manner suggested. To date, I am not a big user of webmail but that may be because I am still becoming familiar with how SpamCop works overall.

Archived