Forum system upgrade

turetzsr

"Group Logo" still shows up in the memberslist and user profile, so either the SpamCop Admin graphic needs to be moved over or those layouts also need to be changed to drop the field.

The "Lo-Fi" look is very interesting, to say the least.

Attempting to archive my PM boxes no longer "fails at MAIL" .. however, I have yet to receive the archived e-mail, so it still appears to be broken (for me)

Doesn't appear that the Help file was much touched, and the search engine still has its issues ...

Those "Quote" marks just have to go ... I believe you killed tham also in the last version.

Heck of a missed opportunity to make some changes <g>

"Group Logo" still shows up in the memberslist and user profile, so either the SpamCop Admin graphic needs to be moved over or those layouts also need to be changed to drop the field.

Where exactly are you talking about? I might have missed that.

The "Lo-Fi" look is very interesting, to say the least.

Attempting to archive my PM boxes no longer "fails at MAIL" .. however, I have yet to receive the archived e-mail, so it still appears to be broken (for me)

Doesn't appear that the Help file was much touched, and the search engine still has its issues ...

Those "Quote" marks just have to go ... I believe you killed tham also in the last version.

I don't think I did anything specific previously. They just came with the new version.

Heck of a missed opportunity to make some changes <g>

13610[/snapback]

Well, the Invision people released a major upgrade. That's what I've installed here. I haven't made a lot of changes. Frankly, there isn't a whole lot of time budgeted for custom skins and such.

If someone wants to work on skinning for this or runs and Invision board and knows how to make some of these changes, let me know. I'll be more than happy to install the changes.

JT

If someone wants to work on skinning for this or runs and Invision board and knows how to make some of these changes, let me know. I'll be more than happy to install the changes.

Changing the skin from "IPB Default Skin" made the boards disappear for me: I had to hit "page-back" to get to a page with the drop-down selector and then re-select "IPB Default" to get them back.

That said, Invision seem to have pretty good skinning resources etc. at InvisionSkins, InvisionAdds, etc.

But there's better things you could be spending your time on, I have no doubt...

Cheers, Nick

OK, the spamcop.net/admin graphics are now showing.

The additional big quote-marks in the quote line I'd swear were also existing in the original version, but you managed to turn them off .. but again, this is one of my memories .. there was another change added way back when, you killed off the right-click/view source capability, a couple of weeks into the operation ... if that rings any bells ...

Well, the Invision people released a major upgrade. That's what I've installed here. I haven't made a lot of changes. Frankly, there isn't a whole lot of time budgeted for custom skins and such.

Actually, what was in my mind was the structure and content of thes Forums .. last I have is thatI was waiting to see how you'd like me to reformulate the listing to make it a bit closer to a cut/paste operation to add new and changed Forum sections and descriptions .... this list;

showforum=1">Testing

showforum=2">Announcements

showforum=3">SpamCop Help

showforum=4">SpamCop Email

showforum=5">SpamCop Email Setup

showforum=6">SpamCop Lounge

showforum=7">Mailhosts System Beta Test

showforum=8">Administrative Messages

showforum=9">SpamCop Discussions

as compared to the suggested listing of changed Forum sections over in http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1672

As noted recently, there's a small issue in that the current links placed elsewhere bring folks directly into Help, for instance ... but this "view" bypasses the possibility of folks catching anything in the Announcements section, which is where "we" were putting the system status traffic, thus folks following the "Help" links looking to see "if the system was down" saw none of the status messages being posted in the Anouncements Forum. There's a current newsgroup thread where a couple of folks have stated that their bookmarks are for the Help page / Forum alone .. they weren't aware that there were other Forums in existence.

• 1 month later...

Archived