mx and mx2.cesmail.net not responding?

...Although I'm not a user of the SpamCop e-mail system

The only currently active moderator, Wazoo (JeffG is the other moderator, but not currently active) is also not a user of the email system. This forum is supposedly the primary support venue for the email system, but unless JT becomes more responsive here, or an advanced volunteer who actually uses and knows the email system is assigned this duty, the support is entirely inadequate.

To further answer your question, I think the $60 that I paid for two accounts entitles me to expect a minimum level of support. I was also previously a paying SpamCop reporting system user, having bought megabytes worth of reporting back when it was offered that way. I guess I'm just a bit frustrated and disappointed with the lack of communication from "the top" -- a little communication goes a long way in helping people be more patient and understanding when things go wrong. I utterly detest the "ostrich syndrome" I've seen at all too many systems, where at the sign of potential trouble, the heads disappear and then minimize the situation, once they can no longer deny that it's there.

The terse message about the spam attack could and should have been posted 12 hours ago. I suppose we might get some of the gory details later, but it's during this kind of problem, not after, that the users most need to be notified.

Not that it's much help, as I probably couldn't have added anything anyway, but I have to admit that I've been out of the loop for the last 8 to 10 hours ... had a neighbor lose his fight with cancer a bit after noon and have been running around, getting the immediate family situated for the flow of other family still arriving, and working on some of the arrangements yet to come. Apologies for my lack of support here.

The only currently active moderator, Wazoo (JeffG is the other moderator, but not currently active) is also not a user of the email system.  This forum is supposedly the primary support venue for the email system, but unless JT becomes more responsive here, or an advanced volunteer who actually uses and knows the email system is assigned this duty, the support is entirely inadequate.
...Yes, I think I understand. But, again, I don't think you can necessarily conclude from the lack of posts here by JT that he is not using it to help identify problems and improve support. We've been discussing one specific problem that took a few hours before an answer of sorts showed (thanks to you for posting the information from http://mail.spamcop.net/news.php) but I don't know that we're entitled to conclude from it that, in general, support for SpamCop Email is inadequate.

To further answer your question, I think the $60 that I paid for two accounts entitles me to expect a minimum level of support.
...Yes, I entirely agree. I guess the question is: what is that minimum level of support? Is one hour too long to wait? Two hours? Twenty-four hours? I haven't seen a Service-Level agreement (perhaps because I'm not a paying user) so I asked the question in all innocence.

<snip>

I guess I'm just a bit frustrated and disappointed with the lack of communication from "the top" -- a little communication goes a long way in helping people be more patient and understanding when things go wrong.

<snip>

...Yes, I wholeheartedly agree.

Archived