External news page

Since SC webmail is down right now, we have no way to read the news page. I know this keeps coming up whenever something like this happens, but there ought to be a way for the reporting system to mirror the webmail news and vice versa so that in the event that something happens, we can read the blasted news and know what's going on. If they don't want to do that, maybe someone can volunteer some webspace for a small "news" page. If I had a server, I'd gladly offer a news page for SpamCop. Heck a small HTML page wouldn't take up any space... and it'd be a LOT more convenient than wondering what's going on.

I know, I know. THIS is the place to come for news. But doggonit, I want a nice HTML page just like what JT has when the site is up!

Since SC webmail is down right now, we have no way to read the news page. I know this keeps coming up whenever something like this happens, but there ought to be a way for the reporting system to mirror the webmail news and vice versa so that in the event that something happens, we can read the blasted news and know what's going on. If they don't want to do that, maybe someone can volunteer some webspace for a small "news" page. If I had a server, I'd gladly offer a news page for SpamCop. Heck a small HTML page wouldn't take up any space... and it'd be a LOT more convenient than wondering what's going on.

I know, I know. THIS is the place to come for news. But doggonit, I want a nice HTML page just like what JT has when the site is up!

15131[/snapback]

The forum has had no "official" news from SpamCop.

We need an off-server Spamcop newspage that will provide that kind of info.

The forum has had no "official" news from SpamCop.

We need an off-server Spamcop newspage that will provide that kind of info.

15134[/snapback]

Exactly!

Been offered by many over the years .. never taken up ...

On the flip side, where would the URL be placed, so as to be found when it's "needed" ... and one is still limited by who keeps it updated and based on what data ...

• 1 month later...
Been offered by many over the years .. never taken up ...

On the flip side, where would the URL be placed, so as to be found when it's "needed" ... and one is still limited by who keeps it updated and based on what data ...

15143[/snapback]

How about a *.spamcop.net address... and point it to the IP of whoever's hosting the off-site page? Hell, even an "unofficial" spamcop news page would be nice... Kinda like the mailing list Pete ran before he went and joined the military...

Archived