How to report spam with only one image?

bvu007

Hi,

I receive spam that has external image(s) embedded only.

What options do I have to report this spam with its full header but usally empty body?

Many thanks in advance

Bodo

16475[/snapback]

Report it just like you would any other spam. The best way is to forward as an attachement. If the parser results are confusing to you, please post the tracking ULR, without that there is not much more help that anyone can provide you with.

Your statement "has external image(s) embedded ..... but usally empty body" does not make sense to me. The only way I know how to embed a image is in the body. The body might be a single referece to a single ULR, but that would not equal an empty body.

You can not report messages where the body is actually empty or missing.

SpamCop does not care about the content, only that there is at least some content; and embedded messages are content.

Typically people who use the cut and paste method may receieve the message "nothing to report" as the manatory blank line between the headers and body is missing or there may be extra blank lines in the header section. The parser is very picking about blank lines.

Again, forwarding as an attachement works best and you can send multiple messages attached to a single email. Note: the body in the forwarded message you create can and should be blank. All you need is the To: address (your spamcop submit address) and the attached forwarded messages.

I use Pine to forward my spam. I'm not the OP but I would like to be able to send twenty spams by attacment in one email from within Pine.

Is this possible?

<snip>

16491[/snapback]

...Not sure if Pine does something that would break it but in answer to the part of your question: "I would like to be able to send twenty spams by attacment in one email .... Is this possible?": yes, subject to the SpamCop parser limit of (about?) 100 MB total.

I use Pine to forward my spam. I'm not the OP but I would like to be able to send twenty spams by attacment in one email from within Pine.

Is this possible?

Sorry to stray off topic, but you raised a very helpful tip.  :D

16491[/snapback]

I can not speak for Pine, but will tell you what I do in OE which may be worth a try. Note: this is based on the assumption that you are using a Microsoft operating system.

Step one create the first forward with attachment email, but do not send it.

At this point there are two windows open, 1 for OE and 1 for the forwarded message.

Going back to OE I click and drag the next message to be forwarded into the attachment part of the forwarded message window. If the OE window is full screen, then I drag the message down to the window task bar which then automaticly brings the other window back to the forground at which point I continue to drag the message into the attachement window.

Hope this helps.

...Those instructions look like they will work.

...What I just did (this is in Outlook 2003) was to "select" the e-mails I wanted to forward as attachments, then click the button labeled "Forward." This created an e-mail with the selected e-mails as attachments.

...[[Edit 23 Sep]] Please note: this only works if you select more than one e-mail! To forward only one e-mail, "copy" it (into the memory buffer), create a new e-mail, address it appropriately, then "paste" it into the body of the message.

• 10 months later...

Archived