No response from Spamcop

amanishakhete

I report spams by email attachment. Then I log on to http://www.spamcop.net with Cookies enabled. Next time I don't have to log in.

At this point there is a "Report Now" link and that sends the forwarded spam to the parser.

Then there is a "Submit Reports Now" link on the parser page.

I never get an email from Spamcop. I email them--> I visit the web site--> I Report Now--> I Submit Reports Now. End of story.

I have reported several spams to Spamcop and I never received an email so I could report the spams.

Please advise.

Did it ever work or did it recently stop working? Where to start an answer much depends on where you are at in your use of the SpamCop system. Have you looked through the FAQ yet to see if one of the answers there solves or explains anything close?

I report spams by email attachment. Then I log on to http://www.spamcop.net with Cookies enabled. Next time I don't have to log in.

At this point there is a "Report Now" link and that sends the forwarded spam to the parser.

Then there is a "Submit Reports Now" link on the parser page.

I never get an email from Spamcop. I email them--> I visit the web site--> I Report Now--> I Submit Reports Now. End of story.

16865[/snapback]

The above quote is the first reply to the original question of the same nature, but the first time I read it, I was not sure if it was a reply or a question itself, upon rereading it appears to be a reply and flagginator states very clearly exactly how it is suppose to work with one exception, flagginator did not mention what he did with the email that was sent by SpamCop in response to sending the spam by attachment. That email can be ignored/filtered/trashed as long as go directly to the web site as stated by flagginator. An alternate method is to click on the link furnished in the reply email which takes to to exactly the same place, but does not require a log in and will only process that one message.

There is no need to send any more emails because everything has been reviewed and by clicking on "Submit Reports Now" the process is complete and a reply is automaticly displayed as to just what reports were sent, with a cross reference to the history file. At this point the process is finished. It would be nice to get some replies from the reports sent, but that is primarily dependant upon the person to whom the report is sent, and it they bother to send a reply and just how you have set up your preferences as to how replies that are sent are to be handled.

As far as the original poster goes

I have reported several spams to Spamcop and I never received an email so I could report the spams.

Please advise.

This is another case where we need more information.

How are you sending the spam? Are you sending it as an attachment like flagginator described, then you should be receiving an email that the spam was received and is ready to be processed. If you are using the cut and paste method, no email is ever sent and the process simply needs to be completed at that time, it is a multi step process, but needs to be completed before moving on to the next spam.

Without more information we really can not provide any help.

Please be specific and indicate indicate what email program and/or browser you are using, the operating system you are using and a step by step process describing "I have reported several spams to Spamcop" It can be done several different ways with different results.

By the way, you do not have to receive the email to finish the process. You can follow flagginator's example, but you do have to wait for the email to be "sent" by SpamCop, and that does not always happen immediately. The length of time varries due to many different factors. The "Report Now" link only appears when you have spam that is ready to report. It disappears when all spam has been reported.

Whoops. My bad. I misstated the procedure. Sorry, I'm on autopilot now and ignore that reply email. So, here's the corrected strategy:

I email spam by attachment to Spamcop--> I visit the web site--> I Report Now--> I Submit Reports Now. End of story. That is truthfully what I do, but it's not the whole story.

Here's the whole story:

I email the spam to Spamcop by attachment--> I wait a few minutes--> I visit the web site--> I Report Now--> I Submit Reports Now--> Meanwhile Spamcop has sent me an email telling me my spam is ready to be reported--> I delete that email. End of story.

So the normal flow is:

I email the spam to Spamcop by attachment--> Spamcop replies in a few minutes when the spam is ready to "Report Now" --> I delete that email --> I visit the web site--> I "Report Now"--> I "Submit Reports Now". End of story.

It takes a few minutes to get the reply email from Spamcop saying the spam is ready to "Report Now". I'm not sure if there is a set time or if it's dependent on server load.

I'm sorry I left that part out. I don't pay attention to it or rely on it so I delete them when they come in. I just go to http://www.spamcop.net and the "Report Now" link is there. I do NOT have to follow any special super secret link from the email to view the "Report Now" link. I have the automatic cookies login and that takes care of all that BS without much attention on my part.

Maybe the OP has the wrong or bad email on file with Spamcop or maybe the OP has not properly signed up or done some required profile updating? That is a question :)

By the way, I do the same thing as it saves on clicking on multiple links. I just did not what the OP to get confused as the main point seemed to be the missing email. But until the OP provides more information there really is anything else to say that has not already been said.

Although Wazoo mentioned that in order to help, we would have to know additional information, no one specifically mentioned that it has to be 'forward as attachment' which is different than simply 'forwarding' That's when reading the FAQ about what application you are using can help.

If it is a problem that has cropped after using spamcop for a while, then there is a FAQ about that and how to troubleshoot the problem.

Miss Betsy

There are so many ways to report spam, newbies may get confused...

I for one drag it into the imap folder on my own console rather than go to the web page (which requires me to type a long password, but I am lazy, so)---------->then go to the held mail page--------->check what I want to report------------------->report the spam one by one there.

Cumbersome, but it allows me to follow the trends and take note of web-advertized domains (which I can later pound in various ingenious ways).

It also allows me to report the spams to various agencies appropriate for their content.

Some of us are more activist on the anti-spam side than others, and despite being nausated by it, do the additional tasks to aid in the spam fight.

Archived