Not recognizing address

mhollowa

I'm being inundated with spam that Spamcop can't process. Sample:

Parsing header:

Received: from netscape.net (acceso173.broadred.net) by aislist.wustl.edu (LSMTP for x NT v1.1b) with SMTP id <0.000A0CC4[at]aislist.wustl.edu>; Wed, 22 Sep 2004 7:14:04 -0500

Ignored

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

Nothing to do.

-------------------------------------

Broadred. net does exist. Can this be fixed?

Hi, mhollowa!

...Not that I'm an expert but the normal reply to inquiries such as yours is to please post the "TRACKING URL" for the parse that you believe did not work correctly. Tracking URLs have never helped me see anything that would help me understand what happened but it has seemed to help others....

...Good luck!

A tracking URL would help but if aislist.wustl.edu is your server, it needs to be showing the IP address of the server it is receiving the message from, not just the rDNS your server is seeing.

Received: from netscape.net (acceso173.broadred.net)

should be something like:

Received: from netscape.net ([192.168.1.1]acceso173.broadred.net)

where [192.168.1.1] is the actual IP address your server received the message from.

Right now, acceso173.broadred.net does not resolve to anything and the domain broadred.net does not seem to exist either.

I put "broadred.net" into Google, and it came up with LOTS of bad mentions of *.broadred.net subdomains....but a Google Groups search is even more enlightening....Lots of sightings, where you can get better headers than "mhollowa" has presented. The IP is: 217.172.65.173

Here's the Google Groups search:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22acces...g=d&sa=N&tab=wg

DT

Archived