Mail list blocked

emanmb

I belong to the Alt Photo Process list out of Canada and it is currently blocked from me and others receiving any mail from it. In other words, we aren't receiving emails from the group whether from an inadvertant submission by someone or someone else doing spam from there (i don't know much about this stuff). How do we get the photo list off the Spamcop BL list?

The IP is 128.233.192.232. I'm not an admin or in anyway associated with the Alt-Photo Process list...just a participant and I want to help them get back to normal. In the Spamcop BL page the IP comes up as,

"128.233.192.232 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

Additional potential problems

(these factors do not directly result in spamcop listing)

Listing History

In the past 592.4 days, it has been listed 3 times for a total of 3.5 days

Other hosts in this "neighborhood" with spam reports

128.233.192.233 128.233.192.250"

Eric Nelson

Have you read Why Am I Blocked? FAQ, Please read before posting It will help you understand what is going on.

Since you are saying that you can not receive mail from the list you need to check with your ISP on how to white list that IP address.

The only ones that can block your incomming mail is you and your ISP.

You could go to the FAQ here and read through the "Why am I Blocked" item to understand how this works. The IP and "evidence" page that you cite indicate that e-mail is leaving that server and hitting spamtraps ... in this case, addresses that only exist in places to be scraped by lowlife idiots ... so either some of these addresses have been picked up and added to a spammer's list of "known good opted-in" e-mail addresses .. or there is some spammer trying to work the system by intentionally finding and using those addresses in order to make the use of SpamCop look bad ...

The next item on the list is that from the description you've offered (and as you'll see in the FAQ) ... it's your ISP that has chosen to use the SpamCopDNSbl in a fashion other than recommended as a tool to cut down on the spam spew coming into that system. Talk to your ISP, there may be a way to whitelist this particular server / list ...

Have you read Why Am I Blocked? FAQ, Please read before posting It will help you understand what is going on.

Since you are saying that you can not receive mail from the list you need to check with your ISP on how to white list that IP address.

The only ones that can block your incomming mail is you and your ISP.

18275[/snapback]

Thanks. Was just reading through this froum 90% of which i don't understand not being an admin et al. Odd how so much REAL spam gets through to me with Spamcop reporting, and yet some legit email is blocked. Oh well!

Eric

There once was a time when the general spammer used a single account at one ISP to spew .... easy to get shut down. Now you have spammers looking for and using the compromised computers of millions of "home" users that don't have a clue, and these are attached to ISPs that are providing service to many thousands of users ... the abuse desk doesn't "make" money ... so reaction time to close down these compromised systems is far behind the spammers finding new ones to add to the spew ... and this is just one aspect of the spamming issue

Archived