No response for a week or so

RogerJones

I have sent to SpamCop about two e-mail reports per day over the past week, but it has stopped responding with its "SpamCop has accepted 1 email for processing" messages. Nothing on my system has changed. Is this a wider problem or am I alone? What can I do to correct it?

I have sent to SpamCop about two e-mail reports per day over the past week, but it has stopped responding with its "SpamCop has accepted 1 email for processing" messages. Nothing on my system has changed. Is this a wider problem or am I alone? What can I do to correct it?

19288[/snapback]

Which ISP do you use? Recently I believe one or more have been silently dropping emails from spamcop. Cox was one such IIRC.

Which ISP do you use? Recently I believe one or more have been silently dropping emails from spamcop. Cox was one such IIRC.

19289[/snapback]

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm with Demon.

Actually, I posted in haste and have since investigated on the SpamCop site. It appears that SpamCop's messages to me are bouncing, so I've sent an enquiry off to Demon. I have rechecked my e-mailer (Eudora) and MailWasher settings, and neither are guilty -- as I said, nothing has changed, and until about a week ago responses were arriving promptly.

I'll let you know if I get a solution.

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm with Demon.

Actually, I posted in haste and have since investigated on the SpamCop site. It appears that SpamCop's messages to me are bouncing, so I've sent an enquiry off to Demon. I have rechecked my e-mailer (Eudora) and MailWasher settings, and neither are guilty -- as I said, nothing has changed, and until about a week ago responses were arriving promptly.

I'll let you know if I get a solution.

19290[/snapback]

Well, I seem to have solved the problem. I switched off my ISP's spam filtering, but that wasn't the cause. I finally just clicked on the SpamCop "reset the something-or-other" tab on my account page, and normal service has been resumed. It had been saying "Reason: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"Blocked by recipient's spam filter options". I guess it was some random glitch or other.

Well, I seem to have solved the problem. I switched off my ISP's spam filtering, but that wasn't the cause. I finally just clicked on the SpamCop "reset the something-or-other" tab on my account page, and normal service has been resumed. It had been saying "Reason: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"Blocked by recipient's spam filter options". I guess it was some random glitch or other.

19310[/snapback]

HELP: I'm on Earthlink.net, and I stopped receiving SpamCop responses October 8 -- after having used this service for a long time.

What do I do to fix this?

As you already (should have) read i the Topic you posted in, the general and usual issue is that for some reason, e-mail to your registered account bounced. When it bounced, the SpamCop system quit sending stuff your way. If you log on to the www,spamcop.net page, you should see a it of a notice and a an option box to handle this "problem" ... In all honesty, this is in the FAQ here, by the way.

Archived