Basic question: Number of reports

pyro

The SCBL does not list domains, only IP Addresses that source spam. The last I heard, two reports from different reporters or spamtraps were required. What IP Address do you think might be blocked? Thanks!

Hello!

How can I get a report, how many times my domain has been submittted? I only have found a search for blocking lists.

20031[/snapback]

...As far as I know, you would have to contact the SpamCop Deputies for that information. E-mail address is deputies <at> spamcop <dot> net.

And how many times must my domain beeing reported to get on the black list?

Thanks

Alex

20031[/snapback]

...Please see SpamCop FAQ: What is on the list?.

The basic questions, as already pointed out exist both within the FAQ here and the orginal FAQ on the www.spamcop.net pages. The specific quantity question strikes me as a bit interesting (?) ... why would that question even come up? The only scenario that seems to come to my mind is that somehow your web-site was added into a spam somewhere, but that to me would also imply that your ISP would have a note or two about any notifications they'd have received about your "actions" .... Is your ISP having some discussion with you?

The specific quantity question strikes me as a bit interesting (?) ... why would that question even come up?

0055[/snapback]

Knowing the specific quantity allows a spammer to spam very slowly; enough to avoid being listed in the first place. If they've got a lax provider, they could get away with spamming for some time.

...Stu

Archived