Spam reporting Help

dad2468

I new to this so please help me with the reporting. There is a lot of places that you can report the spam to and some of them seem to repeat themselves, at least they are almost the same address. Here is my tracking link to one of my spams: tracking URL

Can somebody help me to understand? I really would like to know if I am sending reports to the right people.

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Easy answer is yes, you're doing fine. If you look close, you'll note that a number of these are headed to devnull.spamcop.net - which basically means that they actually go no further than adding a bit to the counter for the listing in the SpamCopDNSBL. The reason for this (and as additional reason as to why you're seeing so many additional addresses) is basically due to the non-response / non-reaction of the folks involved. If action ws taken at the first complaint by the actual ISP involved, you'd probably only be seeing one tarfet address. Unfortunately, action hasn't occured, e-mail to the abuse addresses has bounced, on and on, so what you are seeing is an additive list of alternative addresses, upstreams, and the like. And as you can tell, the reaction to the complaints and action taken to stop the spew just isn't working for these fine folks ... Again, continuing to report them does keep the IP in the BL, which does help others that use an ISP that uses the SPamCopDNSBL (or the SpamCop E-mail system) from receiving this crap.

I'm glad someone else is reporting these Chinese drug pushers. For that spam, I would add reporting addresses webcomplaints at ora.fda.gov and otcfraud at cder.fda.gov to cover both controlled and uncontrolled kinds of drugs.

Archived