Automatic disposition of held mail?

I get about 30 - 40 messages a day in my Held Mail folder, and in the 16 months I've been using the mail service I have only found a couple of messages that were erroneously filtered.

The quantity of Held mail builds up quickly. Every day I have to log into SpamCop, select all the messages, opt for report & trash, then act on the selected option. Ideally, I'd like my SpamCop e-mail filtering to be a set-and-forget service.

Can I configure my SpamCop account to automatically report and trash the messages in my Held Mail folder? Further, can I arrange to have the messages in my Trash folder deleted after x days?

Thanks.

Can I configure my SpamCop account to automatically report and trash the messages in my Held Mail folder?
No, you can't configure you SpamCop account to automatically report and trash the messages in your Held Mail folder.

Further, can I arrange to have the messages in my Trash folder deleted after x days?
Yes, you can arrange to have the messages in your Trash folder deleted after x days. Webmail / Options / Mail Management / Maintenance Operations / Purge messages in Trash folder older than this amount of days.

Yes, you can arrange to have the messages in your Trash folder deleted after x days. Webmail / Options / Mail Management / Maintenance Operations / Purge messages in Trash folder older than this amount of days.

but of course, if you haven't reported/trashed your email out of your Held Email, it won't make it to the trash folder.

The system does delete Held Email after 14 days though - JT did mention this once, but I must say I have gone longer a couple of times while on holidays and found a month's worth sitting there.

Archived