who do you report MSN as a spammer to

cbminfo

here's a possibly human reply from msn, except for the fact it's almost identical to several others on this same subject.

This has been going on for months. Somebody I think I know who, has been sending random emails to any name [at]msn.groups.com with my email as the email sending them.

The person I suspect, tells me they own the copyright to how I index image files on my hard drive. [3 initials of image subject, _, 3digits,[dot],extension]. Yahoo bought this insanity.

Once I followed one of the links where msn explained how to fix the problem. All it said was to use the headers. Something their software is obviously not doing.

I get anywhere from 1-xx weekly of these. I've written msn several times and they've sent standard form letters, and the attempts at looking human form letters. the annoying thing is they claim they can't do a thing about it. If everyone operated the way msn does, spam from every isp on the web would be all that anyone gets.

I know block everything from MSN. They're the ones doing the spamming. I know I can block anything that comes to me with an msn tag. And they have the money to block anything supposedly being sent to me as undeliverable.

========================================================

To: <cbminfo[at]toast.net>

Subject: CST180608383ID - RE:UBE: Your e-mail to fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com cannot be delivered

From: "MSN Groups Customer Support" <msngroups_us[at]css.one.microsoft.com>

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:30:01 -0800

Cc:

Bcc:

Hello Cbminfo,

Your e-mail has been forwarded to us at MSN Groups Customer Support.

This is Mae and I appreciate this opportunity to be of service to you. I

apologize about the undeliverable group notification you received.

Someone may have tried to imitate your e-mail address so that the e-mail

cannot be traced back to him. I'm sorry, there is no way to track this

to determine where the original e-mail came from. It is not us

particularly that is causing the problem. When this happens, it only

lasts usually for about 5 days at most. Usually, only a couple days and

then the original sender moves on to another e-mail address as to not to

be tracked down. The e-mail you are getting is just a standard server

response that states the e-mail was not sent to its recipient.

You are most welcome to write back if you have other questions or

concerns.

Sincerely,

Mae

MSN Groups Customer Support

*** MSN Groups has comprehensive online help available to you. For more

information about features, functions, and issues, click the Help link

at the top of any Groups page along with Home and My Groups.

=========================================

--- Original Message ---

To: abuse_msn[at]css.one.microsoft.com

Sent: Fri Nov 19 05:23:56 PST 2004

Subject: UBE: Your e-mail to fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com cannot be

delivered

X-SamSpade-Version: 1.14

Your bounce software is worthless.

You've been sending me these failed emails supposedly from me for months

now.

I used sam spade to find out who sent this to me. You could try to use

spamcop

or some other program to locate the source of these emails.

This is an ongoing problem.

microsoft.com::

msn.com::

hotmail.com::

adsl-66-73-119-132.dsl.toldoh.ameritech.net::

---- Forwarded message ----

> Return-path:

> Received: from relay06.eucnet.com (unverified [66.73.119.132]) by

MAIL03.eucnet.com

> (Vircom SMTPRS 4.0.330.8) with ESMTP id for ;

> Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:27:44 -0500

> Received: from p05.groups.msn.com (unverified [65.54.208.83]) by

relay06.eucnet.com

> (Vircom SMTPRS 4.0.330.8) with ESMTP id for ;

> Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:27:44 -0500

> Received: from mail pickup service by p05.groups.msn.com with

Microsoft SMTPSVC;

> Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:31:15 -0800

> X-Originating-Ip: 207.68.170.30

> From:

> To:

> Subject: Your e-mail to fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com cannot be

delivered

> Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:31:14 -0800

> MIME-Version: 1.0

> Content-Type: multipart/mixed;

> boundary="----=_NextPart_000_2CAA38_01C4CDBE.50455D60"

> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4927.1200

> Message-ID:

> X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Nov 2004 06:31:15.0726 (UTC)

FILETIME=[5EFEC2E0:01C4CE01]

> X-Text-Classification: ube_reply

> X-POPFile-Link: http://127.0.0.1:8080/jump_to_message?view=44

>

> You sent the message below to an unrecognized group:

fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com

> To check for the correct e-mail address of a group you belong to:

>

> 1. Go to the group's "What's New" page.

>

> 2. Click "My E-Mail Settings" under the Tools area on the upper right

side of the page.

>

> To learn more about MSN Groups or for further assistance, please see

our Help area.

>

http://help.msn.com/en_us/helpwindow.asp?I...PP=MSN+Web+Grou

ps

>

> Thanks,

>

> MSN Groups

>

> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4927.1200

> Content-Type: text/plain;

> charset="iso-8859-1"

> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

> x-receiver: fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com

> Received: from groups.msn.com ([217.86.36.225] RDNS failed) by

p11.groups.msn.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Thu, 18 Nov

2004 22:31:09 -0800

> From:

> To:

> Subject: Re: My details

> Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:31:26 +0100

> MIME-Version: 1.0

> X-Priority: 3

> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal

> Return-Path:

> Message-ID:

> X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Nov 2004 06:31:10.0420 (UTC)

FILETIME=[5BD52140:01C4CE01]

>

> Your file is attached.

<HTML><BODY>Hello Cbminfo, <br> <br> Your e-mail has been forwarded to us at MSN Groups Customer Support. <br> <br> This is Mae and I appreciate this opportunity to be of service to you. I apologize about the undeliverable group notification you received. <br> <br> Someone may have tried to imitate your e-mail address so that the e-mail cannot be traced back to him. I'm sorry, there is no way to track this to determine where the original e-mail came from. It is not us particularly that is causing the problem. When this happens, it only lasts usually for about 5 days at most. Usually, only a couple days and then the original sender moves on to another e-mail address as to not to be tracked down. The e-mail you are getting is just a standard server response that states the e-mail was not sent to its recipient. <br> <br> You are most welcome to write back if you have other questions or concerns. <br> <br> Sincerely, <br> <br> Mae <br> MSN Groups Customer Support <br> <br> *** MSN Groups has comprehensive online help available to you. For more information about features, functions, and issues, click the Help link at the top of any Groups page along with Home and My Groups. <br> ========================================= <br> <br> --- Original Message --- <br> From: cbminfo[at]toast.net <br> To: abuse_msn[at]css.one.microsoft.com <br> Sent: Fri Nov 19 05:23:56 PST 2004 <br> Subject: UBE: Your e-mail to fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com cannot be delivered <br> <br> <br> X-SamSpade-Version: 1.14 <br> <br> Your bounce software is worthless. <br> <br> You've been sending me these failed emails supposedly from me for months now. <br> <br> I used sam spade to find out who sent this to me. You could try to use spamcop <br> or some other program to locate the source of these emails. <br> <br> This is an ongoing problem. <br> microsoft.com:: <br> ... <br> <br> msn.com:: <br> ... <br> <br> hotmail.com:: <br> ... <br> <br> adsl-66-73-119-132.dsl.toldoh.ameritech.net:: <br> ... <br> <br> ---- Forwarded message ---- <br> > Return-path: <autoresponse-bounce[at]groups.msn.com> <br> > Received: from relay06.eucnet.com (unverified [66.73.119.132]) by MAIL03.eucnet.com <br> > (Vircom SMTPRS 4.0.330.8) with ESMTP id <B0096483244[at]MAIL03.eucnet.com> for <cbminfo[at]toast.net>; <br> > Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:27:44 -0500 <br> > Received: from p05.groups.msn.com (unverified [65.54.208.83]) by relay06.eucnet.com <br> > (Vircom SMTPRS 4.0.330.8) with ESMTP id <B0062921621[at]relay06.eucnet.com> for <cbminfo[at]toast.net>; <br> > Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:27:44 -0500 <br> > Received: from mail pickup service by p05.groups.msn.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; <br> > Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:31:15 -0800 <br> > X-Originating-Ip: 207.68.170.30 <br> > From: <mailer-daemon[at]groups.msn.com> <br> > To: <cbminfo[at]toast.net> <br> > Subject: Your e-mail to fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com cannot be delivered <br> > Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:31:14 -0800 <br> > MIME-Version: 1.0 <br> > Content-Type: multipart/mixed; <br> > boundary="----=_NextPart_000_2CAA38_01C4CDBE.50455D60" <br> > X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4927.1200 <br> > Message-ID: <TK2DCPUBA05f69aZbLA00000017[at]p05.groups.msn.com> <br> > X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Nov 2004 06:31:15.0726 (UTC) FILETIME=[5EFEC2E0:01C4CE01] <br> > X-Text-Classification: ube_reply <br> > X-POPFile-Link: http://127.0.0.1:8080/jump_to_message?view=44 <br> > <br> > You sent the message below to an unrecognized group: fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com <br> > To check for the correct e-mail address of a group you belong to: <br> > <br> > 1. Go to the group's "What's New" page. <br> > <br> > 2. Click "My E-Mail Settings" under the Tools area on the upper right side of the page. <br> > <br> > To learn more about MSN Groups or for further assistance, please see our Help area. <br> > http://help.msn.com/en_us/helpwindow.asp?I...=MSN+Web+Groups <br> > <br> > Thanks, <br> > <br> > MSN Groups <br> > <br> > X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4927.1200 <br> > Content-Type: text/plain; <br> > charset="iso-8859-1" <br> > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <br> > x-receiver: fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com <br> > Received: from groups.msn.com ([217.86.36.225] RDNS failed) by p11.groups.msn.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:31:09 -0800 <br> > From: <cbminfo[at]toast.net> <br> > To: <fcbissimplythebest[at]groups.msn.com> <br> > Subject: Re: My details <br> > Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:31:26 +0100 <br> > MIME-Version: 1.0 <br> > X-Priority: 3 <br> > X-MSMail-Priority: Normal <br> > Return-Path: <cbminfo[at]toast.net> <br> > Message-ID: <TK2DCPUBA11n5FUvmw200221b4b[at]p11.groups.msn.com> <br> > X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Nov 2004 06:31:10.0420 (UTC) FILETIME=[5BD52140:01C4CE01] <br> > <br> > Your file is attached.</BODY></HTML>

I actually gave up .... I'm not exactly sure what you want by posting this stuff here. I'm actually going to move this to the Lounge area, as I can't even see where you are even making use of the SpamCop Reporting system.

All I can easily make out in your post is that you have provided multiple copies of a bounce message ... if there's something youi are actually wanting from folks here, it's the actual original e-mail that needs to be seen. In reality, "we" don't really even want to see it, the desire is to have access to the Tracking URL from your attempted reporting of that e-mail .. realizing that this may cause you some confusion, as you will no doubt run into a "looks like a bounce" error condition .... but at this point in time, I'm not sure what you are trying to get accomplished with this post. Your Topic title can only be answered by the word "escalation"

That forged email appears to be coming from IP Address 217.86.36.225, which is allocated to Deutsche Telekom AG, which appears to be Germany's monopolistic phone company. I suggest that you send a Manual Report to any or all of the following (some of which may bounce):

abuse[at]t-ipnet.de

abuse[at]t-online.de

abuse[at]t-dialin.de

abuse[at]dtag.de

abuse[at]telekom.de

abuse[at]t-ipnet.net

abuse[at]t-online.net

abuse[at]t-dialin.net

abuse[at]dtag.net

Archived