What to do about viruses?

donwolf93

spamcop help says not to report viruses since it's not spam instead to contact the ISP but fails to explain how to do that. How do I contact the ISP of someone whos machine is sending me viruses, or what other resources are there if particular accounts are sending me 40+ viruses a day?

thanks

The most functional way to deal with multiple virus email is through the use of filters and blocking lists which help to keep them out of your inbox. If you need help in determining who to send the reports to you can you the SpamCop parser for that purpose by pasting in the headers only, but be sure not to send the reports using SpamCop, as that does violate the SpamCop rules.

spamcop help says not to report viruses since it's not spam instead to contact the ISP but fails to explain how to do that. How do I contact the ISP of someone whos machine is sending me viruses, or what other resources are there if particular accounts are sending me 40+ viruses a day?

thanks

21571[/snapback]

You can use SpamCop to get the abuse desk reporting address of the email virus source and send in a personal report

(Do not report Viruses through SpamCop as Viruses are not spam)

Archived