Can't Send or Cancel Spam report

Glenn

I'm attempting to submit a report on a message that I forwarded to SpamCop; however, I'm getting 404 errors. All three buttons "Send spam Report(s) Now", "Preview Reports" and "Cancel" produce the same error.

I can view the full message. It's pain text and there's nothing unusual about the message or text.

Any ideas about what's wrong with SpamCop report or how to skip this spam without deleting all unreported spam?

A few things not offered here for details ... so can only relate what I can do .. I hit the www.spamcop.net site, no problem. I went through some other discussions here and clicked on someone else's Tracking URL, parse showed up just fine (although of course cryng about being too old) .. actually noted another issues, popped off an e-mail to Deputies, Ellen already responded with a "sent to Julian" note ... came back here, saw no one else had yet responded to your query ... ran another parse on yet another user's Tracking URL .. it flew right through ... stuck with offering a "can't help you" note at this time, as I can't see anything wrong from "here" .. sorry.

I'm attempting to submit a report on a message that I forwarded to SpamCop; however, I'm getting 404 errors. All three buttons "Send spam Report(s) Now", "Preview Reports" and "Cancel" produce the same error.

<snip>

Any ideas about what's wrong with SpamCop report <snip>?

21635[/snapback]

...It may not be (probably is not) a SpamCop problem. It sounds more like your connection to the internet went down (although it's possible that SpamCop's connection to the internet went down). Retrying after several minutes should work unless the internet connection problem has not been resolved.

It's not because of my work network. I submitted more than a dozen additional reports from home, then I hit another entry with the same glitch. Neither home nor work can get past it.

This error is occurring on the "Unreported spam Saved: Report Now" link on the "Report spam" tab. The spam are completely different text and first was text, while the second is HTML. Neither has foreign characters or anything that could confuse the spam parser.

It appears to be a corrupted data on the SpamCop server that's causing the cgi scri_pt to die or return an error.

At this point then, I can only suggest sending a note to Deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net and ask for their help. The problem is that I can't guess from your description exactly what to suggest you give them to narrow things down, as there doesn't seem to be a number or identifying mark as to which spam in your queue is the issue. Am thinking that perhaps the only 'easy' way would be for them to log in as 'you' so they could see/duplicte things .. a real database issue is a bit scary, but we all know stuff happens <g> ... So can only suggest giving the Deputies all the background you can ....

Archived