autoforward on whitelist

mrmaxx

Jeff:

Thanks for the ability to whitelist a particular email address, however, it would be nice if things worked more like they used to where there was a single-click to whitelist AND forward to the inbox instead of having to white list and forward in two separate operations.

As long as we're talking about whitelisting, it would be very nice to be able to whitelist certain mailing lists which seem to continually have posts held due to regional blocklists. I'm on the Linux Mandrake mailing list and it seems they have a lot of people posting from south america, and I have ALL block lists enabled. I don't really want to have to deselect the brazil blocklist just for one or two posts per day, on the other hand it's rather annoying to have to whitelist each and every person who posts from the region. Sometimes I have to forward multiple messages from the same person and if the mailing list were white-listed, I wouldn't have to do that.

Which leads me to my next wish-list item. :) Once I white-list an email address it would be nice if ALL instances of email from that person in the held mail were auto-forwarded to the inbox. :) I know that's probably a "bluesky" (almost never going to happen) enhancement request, but it has NO chance of happening if I don't ask. :)

Thanks...

Maxx

Jeff:

Thanks for the ability to whitelist a particular email address, however, it would be nice if things worked more like they used to where there was a single-click to whitelist AND forward to the inbox instead of having to white list and forward in two separate operations.

As long as we're talking about whitelisting, it would be very nice to be able to whitelist certain mailing lists which seem to continually have posts held due to regional blocklists. I'm on the Linux Mandrake mailing list and it seems they have a lot of people posting from south america, and I have ALL block lists enabled. I don't really want to have to deselect the brazil blocklist just for one or two posts per day, on the other hand it's rather annoying to have to whitelist each and every person who posts from the region. Sometimes I have to forward multiple messages from the same person and if the mailing list were white-listed, I wouldn't have to do that.

Which leads me to my next wish-list item. :) Once I white-list an email address it would be nice if ALL instances of email from that person in the held mail were auto-forwarded to the inbox. :) I know that's probably a "bluesky" (almost never going to happen) enhancement request, but it has NO chance of happening if I don't ask. :)

Thanks...

Maxx

Doesn't the Mandrake Mailing list come from a server that's easily identifiable? Other conversations have suggested that ".mandrakeservername.xxx" would be sufficient to whitelist anything from that server ... (note the "dot")

Doesn't the Mandrake Mailing list come from a server that's easily identifiable?  Other conversations have suggested that ".mandrakeservername.xxx" would be sufficient to whitelist anything from that server ...  (note the "dot")

Wazoo -- I don't think that the current personal whitelist will work because it's always *from* a different person and, unless things have changed, filters only work when you are reading mail on the website, NOT when downloading mail. Which is why I'd like to be able to whitelist *mailing lists* as well as people.

I just had to whitelist a bunch of messages, some of which I *know* I have previously white-listed.... all on the same list! Can we PLEASE add a "white list anything to <mailing list>" option??? It would make things SO much easier...

I don't think that the current personal whitelist will work because it's always *from* a different person

My understanding (and experience) is that the whitelist checks the from and return-path fields for matches. Usually, a mailing list provides a static return-path field that can be entered into the whitelist.

I don't think that the current personal whitelist will work because it's always *from* a different person

My understanding (and experience) is that the whitelist checks the from and return-path fields for matches. Usually, a mailing list provides a static return-path field that can be entered into the whitelist.

Yes, exactly.

Maxx, check the FAQs. We explain the whitelist there and give a specific example for Yahoo mailing lists. If you can't figure it out, post the full headers of a mailing list message here.

JT

Archived