What does this mean???

Suenote

Results: Positive=4, Negative=25 (2004-12-27 21:45:34 UTC)

[at]DYNAMIC/dialup: 68.117.21/24: 553 SORBS DUL

[at]ISP/blackholes.us: 68.117/16: 553 ISP CHARTER - http://hatcheck.org/google?charter; http://hatcheck.org/sbl?charter [blockparade]

SORBS/sorbs.net: 68.117.21/24: 553 SORBS DUL [Remove]

FIVETEN/68.117.150.42.charterwv.net.misc.spam: miscellaneous address blocks that have sent spam here

:huh:

Does this mean that I have 4 postivie hits that are blocking me from posting to the Rotten Tomatoes Forum site?

Help :(

Suenote

It means you have a dialup/dynamic IP and most ISP's and email administrators will not accept email from that IP. You should have nothing to worry about as long as you use your ISP's email. It has nothing to do with you using your browser posting to a forum.

Results: Positive=4, Negative=25 (2004-12-27 22:17:53 UTC)

[at]ISP/blackholes.us: 68.117/16: 553 ISP CHARTER - http://hatcheck.org/google?charter; http://hatcheck.org/sbl?charter [blockparade]

FIVETEN/68.117.150.42.charterwv.net.misc.spam: miscellaneous address blocks that have sent spam here

Ok, what does this mean? I have 4 positive hits so what do I do about it as I am being blocked from posting at the Rotten Tomatoes Forum.'

Suenote

HELP :(

It means you have a dialup/dynamic IP and most ISP's and email administrators will not accept email from that IP. You should have nothing to worry about as long as you use your ISP's email. It has nothing to do with you using your browser posting to a forum.

Two Topics moved to the Lounge, one posted in the Blocking List Forum, one posted in the Reporting Forum, but see no connection between the query and posting locations. Then merged the two separate Topics into one. Suenote notified of Move/Merge via PM.

Two Topics moved to the Lounge, one posted in the Blocking List Forum, one posted in the Reporting Forum, but see no connection between the query and posting locations.  Then merged the two separate Topics into one.  Suenote notified of Move/Merge via PM.

21855[/snapback]

Thanks for notifying me Wazoo :)

You computer's network/IP address has been blocked from posting to the Rotten Tomatoes community. This may be because your network address or ISP is shared with a malicious user who is required to be blocked. If you wish to continue posting to Rotten Tomatoes, you must access Rotten Tomatoes from a different network address or ISP. If you have further questions regarding our access policies, please contact us here.

I am being blocked from posting here since December 20th I have written them at their contact site five times now and have received no response so I wrote to the Originator of the site Senh Duong at senh[at]lancet.com

and He has not responded either. So I do not know what is going on? It is not Charter's fault that I know for certain as they checked it out already so why is Rotten Tomatoes being so "Rotten" to me? It is a site where one reviews movies.

:(

Lookup 68.117.21.42 (c68.117.21.42.fdl.wi.charter.com) in 20+9 Zones

AS: 68.117.0.0/19 AS20115 Charter Communications Hickory/North Carolina

Net 68/8 NET68 Chantilly, Virginia

Results: Positive=4, Negative=25 (2004-12-28 00:06:28 UTC)

Negative 25: [at]COUNTRY [at]spam AHBL AUDNSBL BOGONS BOPM CBL DRBL DSBL INTERSIL JIPPGMA LNSG NJABL NOMORE ORDB PSBL RFC_IPWH SBL SPAMBAG SPAMCOP SPAMRBL SPAMSITE SPEWS UCEPROT WPBL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hints for 68.117.21.42: (external, use BACK or ALT-LEFT when done)

Track "c68.117.21.42.fdl.wi.charter.com" at [Whois & Abuse|SpamCop*]

This is all that Was found no HTML address included :unsure:

Do you know what all of this information means, Wazoo??

Help :(

Suenote

http://moensted.dk/spam/?addr=68.117.21.42&Submit=Submit says 11 of 264 BLs tested contain your posting IP address. Most are just as Merlyn states, based on being part of a Dial-Up Pool (this includes high-speed cable/DSL connections also) ... and a couple fo them pretty much block the world ... on the other hand, a couple of them do identify that spam was received from that IP ... normally, these BLs are used to try to stop the flow of spam e-mail, so normally these listings wouldn't have any impact to accessing a web-site. In this situation, it's more likely that the web-site admin have a file in place that they add specific IP addresses to that stop any access from that IP ... suggesting that the blocking action was a deliberate process, not necessarily based on the BLs .. flip side being that convincing them to remove the block may be based on what actions triggered the first reaction.

I didn't follow up on dates/times and such .. it could have been months ago, back to someone else having that IP and having an infected/compromised computer .. it might be your system, spewing as we speak ...

Have no idea of your knowledge level, Charter's lease-time on IPs (and even possibly screwing up by making an assumption that you're connected via cable and that your computer is 'clean') .... one thing to try .. one of those silly things that the level-1 support folks try to get you to accomplish (without saying why) .. do the unplug-the-modem for a half-hour or so ... reason is to let someone else get your existing IP address and when you turn things back on, you'll end up with a different IP assigned. Of course, this is also flipping the coin a bit, and you might end up with an address that's in even worse shape <g> ...

:blink::blink::blink::o

Funny, you should say that because that is exactly what Charter had me do...I unplugged the cable modem overnight but the next day my same old IP address came up!!

Wow, extremely long lease time .. or .. are you paying for a "static" IP address?  (usually costing more than the 'standard user" type account)

21870[/snapback]

As far as I know I am just paying for the standard Hi-speed Dialup for $31.00 per month :huh:

Suenote :blink:

Have you tried running "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" (or equivalents in your OS for releasing and renewing the DHCP Lease)?

21871[/snapback]

I will have to check with my brother who is the LAND for Worldfest in Milwaukee, He was here yesterday and he "pinged" my address but no results. :o

Suenote :(

Just like Jeff Said:

If you don't know how to get to a dos prompt

Click Start

Click Run

Type: command then click ok

In the dos prompt type ipconfig /release then hit enter key

In the dos prompt type ipconfig /renew then hit enter key

Cloce the dos prompt then you should have a new IP address......

Just to add to what Merlyn wrote - between the release and the renew you will be disconnected from the net, so you shouldn't be running anything that would be sensitive to a disconnection. OE, for example, will throw a fit if it's downloading mail at the time.

Also, Suenote, please click the "Close all Tags" Link when you're done writing - you haven't been doing so in this Topic.

Archived