Reporting with Opera

InzZzomnia

How are you TRYING to report your spam? Web page cut and paste or email submission?

There is a whole section of the FAQ here (at the top of each forum) which is partly pointers to the FAQ in the reporting area of spamcop.. Did you check that out at all? Especially the section: SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service.

How are you TRYING to report your spam?  Web page cut and paste or email submission?

There is a whole section of the FAQ here (at the top of each forum) which is partly pointers to the FAQ in the reporting area of spamcop..  Did you check that out at all?  Especially the section: SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service.

22095[/snapback]

I've tried both and have read the faq but cant get it to work to 100% It's often the body of the message that doesn't get parsed right.

As it is now it take's around 3-5 minutes to complete a spam report with all the copying, pasting, re-sending cause it isn't working, finding out what might be wrong and then try again. And that's just to get it to submit the report at all. I've never got the message body submited in the right way, seems impossible to get it right..

Isn't there lika a plugin or an easier way to do it?

Or else I just might stop reporting since it's such a lengthy procedure..

As it is now it take's around 3-5 minutes to complete a spam report with all the copying, pasting, re-sending cause it isn't working, finding out what might be wrong and then try again. And that's just to get it to submit the report at all. I've never got the message body submited in the right way, seems impossible to get it right..

Isn't there lika a plugin or an easier way to do it?

22096[/snapback]

From the little information you have provided it is hard to tell what is going on.

Since using the web interface works with other browsers there is no reason to supose it would not work with Opera. Indeed there aren't other Opera users raising the same issue.

So on the basis of supposition alone as there isn't enough to do otherwise... I suspect you are not copying and pasting all the message headers when you use the web based submission process.

You need to include the full message - all the headers and content - for the spam to be parsed correctly.

The Email submission route works best, in my experience, when you forward the spam as an attachment. Again, though, you need to ensure your mail program forwards the full message including the headers and the content.

I'm not aware of any plug-ins for Opera. Perhaps another Opera user will pass by and be able to offer some insight.

You didn't say whether you had read the FAQ. That would be the place to pursue you questions if you have not done so.

Andrew

In all fairness, the FAQ entry for the use of OperaMail is pretty short, a on-line entry that says to check a box. I don't follow the previous comment made of "trying it both ways" .. but admit that this is probably because I'm not exactly sure what that checkbox does to makes its condition known. (A further oddity is that this particular entry shows up as being placed in a Trash Folder .... e-mail kicked out to question this.)

So if one is to go with a simple check-box then places the complete headers into the displayed view (though a bit curious as to just what "Show Message Headers in Body of Message" actually means) .. then it would appear that the entire spam e-mail is available. This would then lead to the question of how the displayed data is grabbed for insertion into the web-form box. The described 3-5 minutes thing doesn't give a clear picture as to what's going on.

As stated at least once, a Tracking URL would be a great start for analyzing what is actually going on.

Archived