Reporting seemed to stop working for me TOO!

NoSpamHere

Have you been through the FAQ yet? Have you tried any troubleshooting on your own? Has your ISP added in some filtering? Does any of your e-mail make it to the other end?

Next time you try to submit a spam, CC: a copy to another account elsewhere and see if it makes it to either place.

You've not said what tools are in use, what and how you are submitting, so the possibilities could be infinite. Start with the above and see where that leads ...

Yes I've tried everything that I can think of, including more than 1 ISP.

I am emailing the spam the same way that I have done it for 3 years.

This is not the first time the problem occured and in the past it was lost on the Spamcop servers.

This particular issue started about 4 days ago when some emails got through and others did not. It was all or nothing with email being sent in groups at different

times of the day.

Now NOTHING is getting through the spam system.

I did find that my email is getting to the Spamcop server and I have gotten email replies from Spamcop when sending a test email WITHOUT spam.

From the top, you are posting in the Reporting Help Forum. You started with "e-mailing spam" ... However, you then go to "e-mail was lost on the SpamCop server" ...??? That's a hard one to guess at.

Now we get to the 'current' some went, some didn't, now noting ...

1. I don''t see where you talked about the results of my CC: suggestion.

2. You say "I did find that my email is getting to the Spamcop server" ...??? Proven how? You also state that "test messages with no spam" appear to fly.

Doesn't that sound like another suggested possibility of your ISP adding in filtering of outgoing spam? (again, see the FAQ, if so, please say so and I'll add your ISP to the list of ISPs doing this)

As a matter of fact, is your ISP already listed? I've got no idea if you are sending from the same place you are postin from.

The CC: to another address of a spam submittal will help in clearing up that part of the equation.

same here, I haven’t received any conformations for the many reports I have sent, I have checked and found no bounced flags on my reports page and I even built a new account with one of my other email addresses and still no conformations. Also neither of my ISP's are listed in the FAQ... :unsure:

same here, I haven’t received any conformations for the many reports I have sent, I have checked and found no bounced flags on my reports page and I even built a new account with one of my other email addresses and still no conformations.

You don't say whether you tried the CC: to another ISP / account or not to verify that the spam submittal is actually leaving your ISP e-mail account.

Also neither of my ISP's are listed in the FAQ... :unsure:

The IP address from which you posted here is in that list.

You don't say whether you tried the CC: to another ISP / account or not to verify that the spam submittal is actually leaving your ISP e-mail account.

The IP address from which you posted here is in that list.

22828[/snapback]

I will try the CC test as soon as i get more spam. i did see bellsouth, My isp is SBC Global, it may be one in the same i dont know, but not getting them with my earthlink account either.

As said way back in the first response I'd offered, you also didn't add in the answers to "You've not said what tools are in use, what and how you are submitting" .... so there may be an issue involved there also ...????

Technically, you don't have to wait for a spam ... you can submit any e-mail, just remember to cancel the report rather than "Sending" it ...

apparently earthlink changed there port for the smtp server, no mail was getting out. spamcop is actually the only mail i send out on a regular basis and i use mail washer interface so i didnt see the errors.

22832[/snapback]

What ports did Earthlink change to/from, and where is that documented? Thanks!

port 587, and i called their help desk and they advised me to change the port. as far as what it was, i think it was the standard smtp port before..

22841[/snapback]

Perhaps your other ISP was blocking you from accessing smtpauth.earthlink.net on standard SMTP port 25.

Archived