Reason for listing or offending email

myusername

Hi Guys,

Is it possible on the new site (nice BTW) or planned to be possible where one can enter in the IP address listed in the SpamCop database and view from a browser any offending spam mails/ headers, etc similar to the information that is sent to the abuse department?

Many managaged server providors handle the abuse[at] address and then end users

(server owners, or their resellers) never get to see the actual offending email, at least without a lot of fuss.

Thanks for your reply and sorry If I missed it, but perhaps a valuable forum post non the less.

The real-time and 'complete' source data was removed from display a long time ago, after being determined that spammers were using that data for their benefit (which of course screwed their victims) ....

Some data can be viewed (basically summary reports) by following an entry in the FAQ .. it used to talk about how to sign up for a third-party notification .. now it talks about generating an ISP account to see some data ... Not having any idea where you fit in, so just leaving the response at pointing to the FAQ for now ..

Paid members also get a little more information such as the Subject, and time reported for a certain server IP along with where any reports were sent. For instance:

Submitted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 6:03:43 AM -0500:

Tadalafil Soft Tabs - Great results!

1329830552 ( http://999-best.com/soft/ ) To: cfc_dcy[at]sina.com

1329830525 ( http://999-best.com/rr.php ) To: cfc_dcy[at]sina.com

1329830506 ( 216.16.105.235 ) To: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

1329830496 ( 216.16.105.235 ) To: postmaster[at]iw.net

1329830471 ( 216.16.105.235 ) To: abuse[at]iw.net

If you are willing to do a bit of research, I would suggest again .. the FAQ .. then go back to the Reporting Help Forum and peruse at least a few of the Topics/discussions there dealing with the exact issues you are trying to delve out here. What happens, what data is available, how to get your hands on more, on and on ... many, many case studies already available there from many different viewpoints.

Well I tried a few queries with no luck. Since you are so familiar with the exact issues I am trying to delve out here, perhaps you might have a link or more relevant search term that you could suggest for myself and other users as I am drawing blanks in my journeys....

A bit confusing .... Topics still listed on the first page of this very Forum section that contain similar queries / answers .. just within view of where your Topic is residing ....;

Blocklisted, please help, Blocklisted, no information

I'm not here to rant. Your help is appreciated

Blacklisted Again?, Just Checking

Magic words include FAQ, Deputies, Contact ....

Archived