Received complaint about blocking

I received this from a webhosting company where I use my spamcop.net email address in my contact information.

Thank you for contacting 1&1

I am wondering how you are receiving emails from 1&1 since your company are constantly blocking our email servers, can we use you as a contact to address these issues in the future?

With regards to the issues below, this has been passed over to our domain admins to look at and respond through.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

--

Sincerely,

Richard Winslow

Technical Support

1&1 Internet Inc

I thought that Spamcop does not block any email sent to myemailaddress<at>spamcop.net. Even SpamAssassin and the filtering blacklists, which I have deactivated, would only send email to the Held Mail folder, but would not tell the sender that their message has been "blocked." Am I correct about that?

My best guess is that they just don't know the difference between the Spamcop Blocking List, run by Ironport Systems, and the paid Spamcop email accounts, run by Corporate Email Systems. Is there a quick and easy way to explain this difference in situations like this?

The easiest might be to simply point them to the Forum, the Forum FAQ, or the web-site at www.spamcop.net. Or point them to the last bit of dicussion "about them" at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3508 .... It's very hard to believe "they" could be this clueless, especially after reading about "how hard they've been working" at resolving "the SpamCop issue" ....

Thanks Wazoo.

It's very hard to believe "they" could be this clueless, especially after reading about "how hard they've been working" at resolving "the SpamCop issue" ....

Given that they are the largest hosting company in the world (according to Netcraft), they probably have a large number of unbelievably clueless people answering support emails and telephone calls. Their way of "resolving" issues seems to be to simply tell the customer that all is ok, even when it is not. I should probably switch, but I cannot find another hosting company that offers packages as good as theirs at such low prices. :(

I should probably switch, but I cannot find another hosting company that offers packages as good as theirs at such low prices.  :(

The old saying applies: " you get what you pay for." Sometimes it's worth paying just a little more for quality, or to buy from a quality vendor. For example, I would never buy anything from Wal-Mart, no matter how low their price, because they are a horrible corporate citizen owned by a greedy family, who stash away BILLIONS of dollars (each) while destroying the lives of many people all over the world. I frequent a lot of small local retailers instead.

DT

Archived