can't collect emails

Is there any logical reason why I suddenly can't collect my emails? I have never had a problem before but outlook cannot connect to the spamcop server. My emails are in my inbox but I cant retrieve them or forward them. If this is not the right place to raise this my apologies but trying to get help is a bit of a convoluted process

The correct servernames to use are pop.spamcop.net and imap.spamcop.net (depending on the protocol). Alternates that may work for the moment are as follows:

mail.spamcop.net

pop.cesmail.net

imap.cesmail.net

mail.cesmail.net

You could also try restarting Outlook and/or your PC, and temporarily disabling any recently-installed anti-virus or firewall product.

Please let us know what works for you, and email support<at>spamcop.net in any event. Thanks!

This is the place to get help with SpamCop's email system.

We are not getting a lot of other complaints about the system, so I don't think it is an overall failure. However, a quick port scan is not showing the POP3 service as being available, but we just replaced our firewall ehere and requests may be blocked. Webmail is still working so connections via IMAP are still working. I was also able to use mail2web.com to view my messages so I think that POP is working.

What server name does your Outlook use to collect your spamcop email? For POP it should be pop.spamcop.net and for IMAP it should be imap.spamcop.net though mail.spamcop.net should still work as well since they are currently all pointing to the same IP. Also, you should be able to replace spamcop.net with cesmail.net, still pointing to the same IP address (216.154.195.50).

Can you ping and/or traceroute to the above host names and/or IP address?

Archived