Stopping polling

Hi-

I am trying to stop Spamcop from polling my external POP servers. I deleted them from the "options" section and I have it set to never check for new mail but yet, it keeps polling my other POP accounts and pulling the emails off the servers. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

RF

I deleted them from the "options" section and I have it set to never check for new mail

If you have deleted them from Options, Configure external POP servers. (https://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/popconfig.php) You did place check marks next to the wanted accounts and click the Modify button. The entries did go away and stay away, correct?

How long did you wait for it to take effect? The cycle starts about every 15 minutes and it may have been in the midle of the cycle, so you may need to wait up to a half hour.

I have done this for my popgate.cesmail.net Yahoo POP and am going to test it now. I will check when I get home whether it worked.

Otherwise, are you suere you are not also forwarding the mesages to spamcop. If the messages are showing up immediately, that is the likely case.

Hi, Home now. The test I sent immediately after making the change did get POPped. I have now sent another test which is currently stopped at Yahoo. I will give it another hour and see if it is still there. Any change on your end?

To update, an hour later it was still picked up so there does seem to be some kind of problem. I'm going to give it a while longer to see if it does eventually stop. How long has your config been removed?

First message:

Received: from popgate.cesmail.net [192.168.1.201]

by mailgate.cesmail.net with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.1)

for underwood#spamcop.net (single-drop); Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:12:46 -0500 (EST)

Received: from 199.79.137.66 (EHLO mail.kopin.com) (199.79.137.66)

by mta189.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:59:40 -0800

Second message:

Received: from popgate.cesmail.net [192.168.1.201]

by mailgate.cesmail.net with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.1)

for underwood#spamcop.net (single-drop); Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:07:35 -0500 (EST)

Received: from 199.79.137.66 (EHLO mail.kopin.com) (199.79.137.66)

by mta107.mail.sc5.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:58:56 -0800

Unless you put a check in the "Delete this Entry" column for a particular Entry and press the "Modify" Button, that particular Entry will remain in effect.

At 9:23 PM, the message I sent at 7:44 PM is still sitting in the Yahoo Inbox so I assume it is working as expected except that it takes a bit of time for the configuration to update. I would like to hear from the OP as I feel I am talking to myself, however, to be sure his problem is solved.

Archived