Headers not found.

Lking

Can't use email to submitt spam report. Each email gets a:

"Sorry, but SpamCop has encountered errors:

Headers not found.

It appears you did not provide all email headers. "

I am using Netscape 7.2. I use the cntr-U, cntr-A, cntr-C approch to get the spam and then past it into the email report with cntr-V.

after I get the error message, I go to the web page, login and fill the box with the spam using cntr-V. works fine.

Am sending the email report to the address sent with reg. or on the webpage

Help?

Much data missing. You describe the use of a web browser to cut/paste some spam and state that this works fine. But you then move back to your posting title and talk about some e-mail problem but fail to provide any detail at all on this submittal mode.

Sorry - I intended to indicate that using the same process (Cntr-U, -A, -C , -V) to get a copy of the spam and header I 1) get an error messages from spamcop when I past the spam into an email to spamcop, but 2) do not get an error when I past the same information into the spamcop webpage.

What other information did you need?

when I past the spam into an email to spamcop

What email application are you using to sen this message? Where are the messages stored (some webmail application)? How are you creating this message?

Spamcop email submission requires a very specific format, usually accomplished with "forward as attachment". Simply pasting the text into a blank message will, with certain configurations, not produce a usable message at the receiving end.

Lotus Notes for instance needs to export the message to a text file and then attach that text file to a new message. Simply pasting the contents of that text file does not work well, especially since we have a disclaimer added to the bottom of any outgoing message (the disclaimer is included in the spam report).

<quote>

What email application are you using to sen this message? Where are the messages stored (some webmail application)? How are you creating this message?

Spamcop email submission requires a very specific format, usually accomplished with "forward as attachment". Simply pasting the text into a blank message will, with certain configurations, not produce a usable message at the receiving end.

<quote>

Netscape 7.2 email app. Stored on my hard drive, using POP not a webmail app. again Netscape 7.2 email app used to create message.

The FAQ for reporting using Netscape suggest the cut and past method or as an attachment using drag and drop. I found the drag & drop less handy, but it didn't work eather.

I believe the cut and past method is only for the web site as that is the main focus on that page but I will confirm when I get home (heading out the door right now).

From http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/166.html:

Forward as an attachment your spam to the personal reporting address shown on your front page. You will get back a reply with already-authorized URLs for reporting the spam at the address you used to register for SpamCop with.

MIME format is best, although normal text/plain format will work fine too. Avoid uuencoding.

The page at: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/21.html seems to be talking aout pasting into the web page OR using the drag/drop into a new message for email submission which you can do for one or multiple spam messages.

Archived