Spam Cop Notices Bouncing

mjcrocket

I have Spamcop set to send me copies of all reports that I make.

For the past several weeks I have not been receiving any of these reports. It appears that the Spamcop system is not properly entering my e-mail address. I have checked the entry several times, I have entered it correctly. When I do find error messages waiting for me when I log in, it usually states that there is a "null" in my address making it undeliverable. But I do not even find those messages very often when I log into spamcop.net!

Something appears to be wrong at spamcop.net; but there does not seem to be anything that I can do to fix it on my end. I don't know how to reach anyone at spamcop.net to get this situation fixed!

For the past several weeks I have not been receiving any of these reports.  It appears that the Spamcop system is not properly entering my e-mail address.

SpamCop "entering" your address seems like am odd set of words. Does the e-mail address used in your SpamCop Reporting account match what you used to register here?

I have checked the entry several times, I have entered it correctly.  When I do find error messages waiting for me when I log in, it usually states that there is a "null" in my address making it undeliverable.  But I do not even find those messages very often when I log into spamcop.net!

The only "null" I can come up with is a "device/null" ... would be easier to diagnose if the actual error message was provided.

Something appears to be wrong at spamcop.net; but there does not seem to be anything that I can do to fix it on my end.  I don't know how to reach anyone at spamcop.net to get this situation fixed!

Can't help you there. Having placed a link to "Contact Us" in the FAQ here, which is also a link to the www.spamcop.net FAQ entry, adding a hint that this is a Reporting side issue, not sure what else would be needed for you to "find someone to contact" .... There is the possibility that your posting IP and matching e-mail address domain used to register "here" matches one of those ISPs that have some strange concepts at filtering e-mail (outgoing in addition to incoming) for thier users, but apparently not getting around to making this fact well known to said users. However, not enough data at this time to point to anything specific.

SpamCop "entering" your address seems like am odd set of words.  Does the e-mail address used in your SpamCop Reporting account match what you used to register here?

The only "null" I can come up with is a "device/null" ... would be easier to diagnose if the actual error message was provided.

25957[/snapback]

I'm talking about Personal copies of outgoing reports. I have entered my e-mail address on the Reporting preferences page. It is the same e-mail address that I have used to register here. It is also the same address that I use throughout the spamcop.net site. I receive other messages from spamcop.net at this address. It is that for the past several weeks I do not get Personal copies of outgoing reports at this address even though I check the box to receive them. They either just vanish or I get that a response that indicates there was a problem. When that response comes it requires me to reset a flag at spamcop.net. The next time I get the response I will attempt to save the page or at least the text of that page.

It appears that the last time I was able to get a Personal copy of outgoing reports, was on Sun 2/27/05 08:53. If I remember correctly, this null problem was going on at that time; requiring me to reset that flag.

Sorry I can not be more helpful at this point.

Does that address have anything other than letters, numbers, dots, and an [at]-sign in it? If so, what?

Have you tried retyping it on the Reporting Preferences Page?

It is the same e-mail address that I have used to register here.

OK, I see nothing extraordinary about that address.

It is also the same address that I use throughout the spamcop.net site.  I receive other messages from spamcop.net at this address.  It is that for the past several weeks I do not get Personal copies of outgoing reports at this address even though I check the box to receive them.

That certainly helps to either confuse things (some things being filtered/trashed concept) or narrows it down ro these CC: copies .... the catch is, there's no one else making the same complaint, which makes it hard from here to go with a system problem ...

They either just vanish or I get that a response that indicates there was a problem.  When that response comes it requires me to reset a flag at spamcop.net.

The "vanish" things goes along with the previously suggested filtering issue .. the "reset flag" usually indicates an "e-mail bounced" situation ... more confusion factors ...

Sorry I can not be more helpful at this point.

Unfortunately, that's the same feeling existing from this side of the screen. I do know that Julian is whacking on the codebase, but not at all sure why he'd be mucking about in that section .. and Jeff G implies that it is still working for him ....???

I have Spamcop set to send me copies of all reports that I make.

I you want to send me the email address you registered with us (SpamCop Username) I'll take a look at the bounce record to see what's going on.

Email the details to: service[at]admin.spamcop.net

- Don -

Archived