Multiple Reports - only processes one

:blink:

Can someone help me, PLEASE! I can not believe how frustrating it is to use this service. I have spent a lot of time submitting multiple reports, some via the submit form and some via email. However, when I click on the 'Report Now' link, I only get the errors for ONE report. There are about 5 reports listed in my history that read 'No Reports Filed'. I can't seem to find any screen that will let me know why the other reports have failed to be processed. PLEASE HELP! Is there a way to clear out a single unreported submission? Then maybe I could see the notes from the next one in the list? UGH!

By the way, what is up with SpamCop? There is no support team, no phone number, no email address... do they even exist? What good is a service if there is no one running it? Seems odd.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Ted

Hi, Ted -- welcome!

deltaweb.org,Mar 30 2005, 09:16 AM]:blink:

Can someone help me, PLEASE!  I can not believe how frustrating it is to use this service.  I have spent a lot of time submitting multiple reports, some via the submit form and some via email.  However, when I click on the 'Report Now' link, I only get the errors for ONE report.  There are about 5 reports listed in my history that read 'No Reports Filed'.  I can't seem to find any screen that will let me know why the other reports have failed to be processed.  PLEASE HELP!  Is there a way to clear out a single unreported submission?  Then maybe I could see the notes from the next one in the list?  UGH!

<snip>

26107[/snapback]

...Is there a "Cancel" button? If so, I think clicking that will do what you want.

You have to provide some sort of disposition for each message queued for reporting:

• Send Reports Now
  • Cancel

If you do neither (click on anything else, close your browser, etc.) that message will stay queued for reporting and you won't be able to access any of the messages waiting behind it in the queue.

You have to provide some sort of disposition for each message queued for reporting:
  • Send Reports Now
  • Cancel

If you do neither (click on anything else, close your browser, etc.) that message will stay queued for reporting and you won't be able to access any of the messages waiting behind it in the queue.

:(

OK - maybe I am just not seeing something here. I have no 'CANCEL' button on any screen. I go to the www.spamcop.net website and I have two choices. I can either click the 'Report Now' link on the 'Report spam' tab, or I can click the tab that says 'Past Reports' and see my history of reports (some of which succeded and some of which failed). But NEITHER of these method has a 'Cancel' button anywhere! When I click 'Report Now' I get a single error report telling me about ONE error on ONE submission... but there is no 'CANCEL' option on that result page.

You are exactly right in saying that I must deal with one item before I can get to the other items waiting in the queue... but I can't 'CANCEL' that first item!

Is there something I am missing?

(THANK YOU - and the others - for responding so quickly)

-Ted

When I click 'Report Now' I get a single error report telling me about ONE error on ONE submission... but there is no 'CANCEL' option on that result page.

At the bottom of this page, you should have a set of buttons: "Send spam Report(s) Now", "Preview reports", and "Cancel" or you should have an error message, probably in another color, about why the report could not be made. If you provide the Tracking URL from the top of that page (in the format: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z747556870z01...e7ddaf14c9d980z

) we can see what you are seeing and help you get through this first step.

If you have multiple reports waiting as you state, the amy be another "Report Now" type link in the first with an error to take you to the next one. Again, a tracking URL would help.

For full reporting, however, you do need to process them one at a time even if you submit them as a group.

:lol:

Ahhhh - you are a genius. The link is as follows... http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z746805719zcc...d49b9d31ac6b22z

... and as you suspected, there is a 'Report Now' link - which happens to look identical to the one I just clicked on - to process the next item in the queue. THANK YOU for helping me! I can now cycle through all of my submissions. (However, I still reserve the right to complain about how non-intuitive that is, to have a second link that looks exactly like the first link but takes you to a different item! How about naming it 'NEXT REPORT' rather than 'Report Now'?)

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-Ted

deltaweb.org,Mar 31 2005, 08:03 AM]<snip>

(However, I still reserve the right to complain about how non-intuitive that is, to have a second link that looks exactly like the first link but takes you to a different item!  How about naming it 'NEXT REPORT' rather than 'Report Now'?)

<snip>

26130[/snapback]

...Umm ... probably because its purpose is not to take you to the next item to report, rather it is to actually send reports for the current item. It seems as if you do not quite understand the process (probably because it's a bit confusing, not necessarily your fault). The process is:
  • You submit spam either via e-mail or the web page
  • SpamCop parses the spam(s)
  • If via web page:
    • You see a "wait" message while the SpamCop parser is working
    • You see the results page, headed by
      SpamCop v 1.418.2.2 © Ironport Systems Inc., 1998-2005 , All rights reserved.
      Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:
      and including buttons to "Submit" or "Cancel"

[*]If via e-mail:

• You receive an e-mail confirmation listing the tracking URL(s) for your spam(s)
    • You navigate to (one of] the tracking URL(s)
    • You see the results page (see above)

[*]E-mails are sent on your behalf to the e-mail addresses you left checked on the results page

[*]You are returned to the main web page; if there are still more parsed spams that are not yet either reported or canceled, there is a link (the tracking URL) to go to the next one

Archived