Add confirm prompt for releasing and whitelisting

PeterPepper

SC's webmail has a confirmation dialog for submitting spam. Why doesn't it have the

same confirmation for releasing and white listing?

Please implement an 'Are You Sure?' confirmation dialog for releasing and

white listing.

To make it easy, here is the code to do so:

function Submit(actID)
{
    if (actID == 'spam_report') {
	if (!window.confirm('Are you sure you wish to report this message as spam?')) {
     return;
	}
    }

// begin: new code

if (actID == 'sc_relwhite') {
	if (!window.confirm('Are you sure you wish to release and whitelist this message?')) {
     return;
	}
    }

// end: new code

if (AnySelected()) {
        document.messages.actionID.value = actID;
        document.messages.submit();
    } else {
        window.alert('You must select at least one message first.');
    }
}

PP

PS - Some of my original posts on this topic were removed -- the source code in particular was removed. And the other posts were moved to another folder and had the subject lines changed. Therefore, I am reposting this topic.

I wholeheartedly agree with the post above. Release and Whitelist bit me a few times when I switched from IE to Firefox, in which the hotkeys are processed immediately without waiting for Enter or Spacebar.

PS - Some of my original posts on this topic were removed -- the source code in particular was removed. And the other posts were moved to another folder and had the subject lines changed.

Are you talking about within this Forum structure? There have been very few items deleted. Moved to another folder ..?? I recall making a number of posts in a number of sections dealing with the movement of some items based on the addition of more sections ...??? "Subject line" would only "change" if your post was merged into another existing Topic, so your Topic Title would disappear, as your post would then be a response to the discussion within the Topic that was merged into ... The reason I built this Forum section appears to be what you are suggesting, stuff got buried with discussions elsewhere ... I did try to go through and move those items that looked like candidates 'here' ... but I don't admit to finding them all .. or in some cases figuring out how to snag one post and move it somewhere else, thus leaving a gaping whole in that particular discussion ...????

What I believe you are basing your assumption on is that most of these Forum sections are set to display the "last 30 days" of traffic. (see a setting at the bottom of the page to change that limit) What you may want to do is to search for your posts (probably using the advanced search) and add the links you see as appropriate to this last post here.

SC's webmail  has a confirmation dialog for submitting spam. Why doesn't it have the

same confirmation for releasing and white listing?

ISTM that this can be low priority, since R&W (Release & Whitelist) is a reversible action. That is, you can simply delete the email when it gets through to your mailbox (or even re-submit it and report it), and you can edit your whitelist to remove the entry or entries that were just added.

True, it's not a one-click "un-do", but it is un-doable. Unlike some other things you could have done accidentally, like quick-reporting the messages.

I'd rather have developer effort go first toward some of the other feature/enhancement requests, such as being able to delete a single submitted-but-unreported spam which is unreportable (timeouts or whatever reason), without having to delete ALL unreported submitted spam.

being able to delete a single submitted-but-unreported spam which is unreportable (timeouts or whatever reason), without having to delete ALL unreported submitted spam.

26971[/snapback]

Isn't that what the "Cancel" Button (or alternatively the new "Report Now" Link) is for? Or am I missing something in your request?

Isn't that what the "Cancel" Button (or alternatively the new "Report Now" Link) is for?  Or am I missing something in your request?

26976[/snapback]

Yes, you are missing something in my request.

From time to time, a spam may be submitted for reporting which causes the parser to fail to complete, and the reporter gets a timeout or other error. That spam is at the top of the queue of unreported spam, and until it is dealt with, you can't go past it to get to the rest.

When this happens, if it is a permanent problem connected with a particular spam email and not a transient system problem, I can't process other submitted spam. For my own convenience, I have set up to discard the emails from SC to complete the reporting of my spam submissions, and I go through the queue when I have time, not each spam individually.

Anyone who never clicks on the "Report Now" link because they have Unreported spam Saved (on the VER reporting page) will not have seen this problem. Anyone who completes the reporting of spam by following the link in each individual confirmation email from SC will not have seen this problem. It has been reported by many users in the newsgroups, and the response has always been that the only solution is to cancel all submitted but unreported spam in the queue.

Archived