Mail Delivery Failed: Returning Message

blw

Regarding: Mail Delivery Failed: Returning Message To Sender

Starting yesterday, I am getting these Mail Delivery Failed messages from SpamCop after I report an e-mail. Everything was fine, I did everything correctly (I forward as an attachment) to SpamCop, but I immediately get something like this back:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

submit.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net

This message has been rejected because it has

a potentially executable attachment "Winowds XP + Office XP = $80. .eml"

This form of attachment has been used by

recent viruses or other malware.

If you meant to send this file then please

package it up as a zip file and resend it.

What is happening?

I read all posts in this Forum. I just checked the 4 main SpamCop newsgroups, also reading all posts there. This is the only complaint on this issue. Although I've read that the reporting server is now rejecting virus bearing e-mail, I'm not up on what they are using or the notification involved. So, the obvious starting question is asking if your machine is in fact "clean" or if you are in fact trying to submit a virus as a piece of spam. Your "starting yesterday" and hint that every submittal gets this as a response suggests the first problem. Going with a possible compromised system, and any installed anti-virus tool is garbaged up at present, can you visit http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp and get a pass? (have to start somewhere ...)

Archived