(Notes)?

5280 Guy

Kind of.  When you see that a report is send to abc#domain.com{AT}devnull.spamcop.net  A report was not sent to abc{AT}domain.com for several possible reasons (that is the spammer, reports have bounced in the past, they have ask NOT to receive spam reports from SpamCop...)   The report is added to the local database for statistical use.

Your report of this spam does add to the SpamCop Block list and that is no small thing.

3 hours ago, 5280 Guy said:

I have also started copying the "abuse" addresses and sending the spam (with headers) to those addresses, so that reports aren't only going to notes.

amazon abuse desk seem to me to be in on the spammer
Go to the bogus unsubscribe and you will be asked to put email address in there put those that are amazon connected.
If gmail report them as "phishing" as I do. Gmail get enough phishing reports they will block amazon domains entirely, hopefully put them out of business

Edited by petzl

On 9/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, petzl said:

Go to the bogus unsubscribe and you will be asked to put email address in there put those that are amazon connected.

spammers like to make their stuff look legitimate.

On 9/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, petzl said:

If gmail report them as "phishing" as I do. Gmail get enough phishing reports they will block amazon domains entirely, hopefully put them out of business

I believe gmail has fallen to the spammers level.  If they are paid enough, they will probably continue to have the domain unblocked.

9 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

I believe gmail has fallen to the spammers level.  If they are paid enough, they will probably continue to have the domain unblocked.

Amazon go through "free account/web page" trails and are useless if not pro-spammer with dealing with abuse,
If enough amazon spam get reported as phishing, which it is. the blocking of amazonaws domain is automatic but takes a lot,
This would be serious for Amazon whose main business is on-line shopping.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 3:02 PM, petzl said:

If enough amazon spam get reported as phishing, which it is. the blocking of amazonaws domain is automatic but takes a lot,

What do we do to report “as phishing”?

I’m not sure how to make the report as phishing. I’ve been using SpamCop for a lot of years - only in forum for a few though.

34 minutes ago, Hanco said:

What do we do to report “as phishing”?

I’m not sure how to make the report as phishing. I’ve been using SpamCop for a lot of years - only in forum for a few though.

Gmail allow to report spam as Phishing  which AWS support allow?
Last link gives site blocked/fraud warning. Very probable all of amazon will be included
https://crypto-marketnews.com/btcprofitnow/index_gm.html?affid=CellX_Globalmarkets&cxd=gm_35731_601854_w5hgt2biq780f4up1to2tafu&bta=35731&nci=5532&afp=w5hgt2biq780f4up1to2tafu

5 minutes ago, petzl said:

Gmail allow to report spam as Phishing  which AWS support allow?
Last link gives site blocked/fraud warning. Very probable all of amazon will be included
https://crypto-marketnews.com/btcprofitnow/index_gm.html?affid=CellX_Globalmarkets&cxd=gm_35731_601854_w5hgt2biq780f4up1to2tafu&bta=35731&nci=5532&afp=w5hgt2biq780f4up1to2tafu

I see what you mean. Thanks