small grammar error

etherdeath

Apologies if this is a bad place to post this.

on the webmail, on the SpamCop Email System Preferences page, I think this is wrong :

"You may have an report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."

Why do you think it's wrong?  Thanks!

28148[/snapback]

Wrong: "You may have An report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."

Correction: "You may have to A report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."

Correction: "You may have to An email report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."

An comes before a word that begins with a vowel.

For ex: An Airplane.

PS. Please note does not have to be bold or Caps. I am just try to point it out.

[EDIT] Thanks to etherdeath for pointing it out to me because I do not and can not use, not paying member :( , webmail. Otherwise I may of noticed it first.

Wrong: "You may have An report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."

28151[/snapback]

Correction: "You may have a report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."
Correction: "You may have to A report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."

28151[/snapback]

Nah, you inserted "to ".
Correction: "You may have to An email report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."

28151[/snapback]

Nah, you inserted "to " and "an email report emailed" is redundant. But thanks for playing! :)

Correction: "You may have a report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."Nah, you inserted "to ".Nah, you inserted "to " and "an email report emailed" is redundant.  But thanks for playing!  :)

28157[/snapback]

It is either is 'You may have an email report daily that lists the new Held Mail waiting for you' or 'You may have a report emailed to you daily that lists....'

Someone decided to change 'an email report' to 'a report emailed to you' but forgot to change the preposition.

Actually, 'You may request a daily email report that lists the new Held Mail waiting for you' might be clearer and more concise.

Miss Betsy

Correction: "You may have a report emailed to you each day listing the new Held Mail you have waiting for you."Nah, you inserted "to ".Nah, you inserted "to " and "an email report emailed" is redundant.  But thanks for playing!  :)

28157[/snapback]

What does etherdeath win for the first person to point it out a mistake is present?

What does Miss Betsy win for getting the correct answer?

What do I win for trying to guess the correct answer / for the first person to point it out why do I think is wrong?

An comes before a word that begins with a vowel.

For ex: An Airplane?

Archived