yourbuddy trolling 1

yourbuddy

and the fact that you've skipped over my reminder that this is a "Help" Forum and ignored my suggestion at turning your tirade into something more benficial so as to help prevent your alleged mistakes from happening again has not gone unnoticed ...

Dissenting opinions should be welcomed.

It's a poor democracy that disallows criticism,

and a feeble one that can't learn.

Help is for users who have specific problems. IMHO, "why am I blocked" questions should be in another forum. Even if they were in a separate forum, a discussion of *your* problem and opinions does not belong in a thread about someone else's question.

Feel free to start a topic in the Lounge. I don't mind debating with someone (if I have the time). And sometimes the exchanges can be really humorous.

BTW, spamcop is not a democracy. No one gets a vote except Julian.

How much have you learned lately?

Miss Betsy

and the fact that you've skipped over my reminder that this is a "Help" Forum and ignored my suggestion at turning your tirade into something more benficial so as to help prevent your alleged mistakes from happening again has not gone unnoticed ...

The fact that I have ignored your authoritarian attitude should be obvious ;)

Learning that SpamCop errors cause others to behave in error is "help" :D

The fact that I have ignored your authoritarian attitude should be obvious ;)

Learning that SpamCop errors cause others to behave in error is "help" :D

Learning that SpamCop errors cause others to behave in error is "help"  :D

It didn't help the guy who had an open proxy. It wouldn't help someone who shared an IP address with a spammer. And it doesn't help the person who might have a problem because of a "mistake" because it doesn't tell them how to figure out that it is a mistake or how to contact those who can.

We don't even know what kind of "mistake" was involved in your problem. It might have been one of those that had errors on both sides. For instance, someone reporting a newsletter they signed up to, but that the newsletter published had not confirmed.

If you want to debate the wisdom of using spamcop bl, then the place for it is not the help forum. Unfortunately the only alternative on the web forum is the Lounge. You always go to the spamcop newsgroup where there would be plenty of opportunity to debate your viewpoint with those who actually use the bl. That would be more productive, wouldn't it?

Miss Betsy

The fact that I have ignored your authoritarian attitude should be obvious  ;)

Back when I was on active military duty, I could see how you might take my words "how about this ....... how about spending time" ..... as authoritarion ... but in an open Forum ????

Learning that SpamCop errors cause others to behave in error is "help"  :D

Not really .. "help" would contain something of an educational value, which thus far you've managed to not quite get around to. No, I don't consider "this sucks" as being an attempt to "help" or "educate", much less answer someone's specific question.

Well Spambo ...

At least we got to the truth about SpamCop "listing errors".

SpamCop does make mistakes

That's not much of a revelation, considering it has never claimed otherwise.

and cause harm to innocent bystanders.

Not sure where you got that from. There has never been a proven case of a bouncing email harming anyone AFAIK.

One of your own members said the "disclaimer" was to dissuade litigation.

One of "my" members? Mentioning it doesn't mean that it was a forced decision. Could it be that SpamCop honestly wants potential users to be aware of the risks?

The "fabrications" are the SpamCop "listing errors".

You have been previously asked to provide evidence of fabricated listings and you can't do it.

When SpamCop provides incorrect "listing errors" and others act on them,

then SpamCop has some complicity in the damage/inconvenience caused.

I guess you didn't read the law I mentioned earlier. Due diligence is all that is required and SpamCop has been more that swift in correcting errors when they happen.

Perhaps the experimental nature of SpamCop should be made apparent.

I didn't know it was a secret. Maybe it was the fact the information is available to anyone who wants it on the SpamCop site, SpamCop's discussion groups and nanae have discussed that fact many times since the list was introduced, and it's even been mentioned in online articles & at /. too. Then again, maybe it isn't me who's the clueless one?

Archived