how to report spam through mail washer

Perhaps one could ask how you found your way here without ever visiting the www.spamcop.net web page???? It would also appear that the FAQ at either place (web-page under Help or here via several links) has not been looked at. I'll make the easy assumption that I haven't actually figured out what your real question is, as you seem to make the MailWasher instructions appear to be pretty easy to accomplish.

Please have mailwasher submit your spam emails to your submit address as per How do I submit spam via email?.

Also, per I've been blacklisted,

Disable bounce "feature" of mailwasher, which is being stupidly and wrongly set by default Bounces are in effect what MailWasher is doing but only to valid and innocent parties email addresses (mailwasher may check email address for validity, before sending a bounce)

26240[/snapback]

I am responding here [in a PM] because the forum won't allow me to post a response to the mailwasher thread.
You can't post yet because you haven't validated your email address, as a matter of Forum policy. Please check your mailbox for an email from/regarding this Forum, and see Registration benefits for details.
I've been through all the FAQ's, etc., for SpamCop and I'm still not entirely clear on what is expected of me as a MailWasher user.

As a MailWasher user, if I understand you correctly, I need to disable the "bounce" feature (which I have done) and simply click in the "SpamCop" box for each "bulk e-mail" spam message.  MailWasher will take it from there - right?

Do I need to do anything more with the "SpamCop Autoresponder" messages that I receive - apparently one for each valid spam message that is reported to SpamCop?

Yes, you need to click on the Tracking URL, as presented in each message or by the "Report Now" Link on the designated SpamCop webpage to review the parsing and send your reports. Otherwise, you have just submitted your spam for reporting, you haven't actually sent any reports.

Edit: plainsman needs to validate his email before he can post.

The hosting site of the domain used by "plainsman" offers "e-mail filtering" for spam control. However, documentation on what's available needs a login for some reason. With so many players involved, it is possible the e-mail may have been blocked, but ... without feedback, it's pretty hard to tell what's going on. "Plainsman" signed up over the lunch hour, perhaps have to wait till this evening to see if status gets changed ...???? For whitelisting purposes, the e-mail will be coming from news.spamcop.net

edited later: Guess there's a problem - Last Active 27th May 2005 - 05:16 PM but sill 'validating' ....?????

is there a process whereby we can "short-circuit" the verification process?  I'm spending probably on average a full minute(or more) on each spam message by the time I check with MailWasher, click it to send it to you folks, get a response from you, download it, click on the response URL and wait for the response from your web site and then click on "Submit" and wait for a response.

Since I'm receiving 75 to 100 of these things each day, you can see this is a significant time commitment.  I'm desperate for a quick and easy way if there is such a thing.

Any suggestions or am I just gonna have to live with this process at least until the spammers go away? :(

You could also ignore the response emails and just spend some time with the reporting page when a few submitted emails have built up. Also, if the parsing is going along swimmingly, you could try Quick Reporting (see What is Quick Reporting? for details). In addition, you could Quick Report en masse if you had a SpamCop Email System Account (formerly known as a SpamCop Mail System Account).

Although I'm sure Jff G. has mentioned all this, I PM'd plainsman, asking what the issue with the validation e-mail might be. Pointed him/her to this Topic, asked about the "Resend validation e-mail" link and whether it had been used yet.

Archived