Delete forum account

aaron

Hi,

I signed up for this forum and now regret it [incredibly tedious signup process]. How can I delete the account? Thanks.

Grr now my email address is in the clear. How do I delete this post?

I'm going to ask you to explain the "incredibly tedious signup process" first ... ignoring the questions already raised about why you'd post this into the SpamCop E-Mail Account Forum section (among other things) ... moving to the Lounge, awaiting some feedback .....

EDIT Later: .. after finding this user's post over in the newsgroups, brought the issue 'over here' and merged that newsgroup post into a matching Topic/Discussion already in place 'here' ... see http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4132

I'm going to ask you to explain the "incredibly tedious signup process" first ... ignoring the questions already raised about why you'd post this into the SpamCop E-Mail Account Forum section (among other things) ...   moving to the Lounge, awaiting some feedback .....

Hello Wazoo, I looked for a while for a generic discussion, but I missed the "lounge" somehow. There are a lot of forums.

Second, OK, it's not that tedious - I got carried away, sorry - but to explain:

1) I would assume one could use your spamcop email login, or at least that it would know something about me already. Yet another login ...

2) The confirmation email requires manually copy and pasting details. That's very unusual, it's much more typical just to have a single link to click.

3) All the confirmation pages drive me a little batty. Again the usual solution is to simply display confirmation messages at the top of the next page.

Of course, I realise all this is just the forum software you're using. Still.

Next, I wanted to delete this posting account after I realised how stupid I had been in using my spamcop mail address as the username. Yes, it was stupid :blush:

But there doesn't seem to be any way to delete the forum account (or rename it).

Then, continuing my run of stupidity, I posted in the forum, thus making my username/email address visible to the next spammer harvesting from here.

So, to summarise:

<rant>[snip]</rant>

Wazoo, could you delete my forum account or rename it? Thanks.

Aaron :)

I believe renaming is possible. If so, for security reasons please PM Wazoo with the name you'd like to rename it to, along with permission to remove your previous posts. This sentence will constitute my permission to remove this post.

Hello Wazoo, I looked for a while for a generic discussion, but I missed the "lounge" somehow. There are a lot of forums.

Based on what your original query was about, it seemed like you'd picked the right one in which to ask ... but then you posted something else ...

Second, OK, it's not that tedious - I got carried away, sorry - but to explain:

1) I would assume one could use your spamcop email login, or at least that it would know something about me already. Yet another login ...

Correct .. this application is open to any and all interested folks, running on a separate server, so there is no connection to any type of SpamCop account.

2) The confirmation email requires manually copy and pasting details. That's very unusual, it's much more typical just to have a single link to click.

I find this confusing .. just ran through it again myself to verify that there has been no change .. and yes, I have a clickable link in the e-mail .. noting that this is via OE set to "Read as Plain-Text only" ... so not sure what you may be using that kills the provided URL to do the single-click action ...

3) All the confirmation pages drive me a little batty. Again the usual solution is to simply display confirmation messages at the top of the next page.

To this I'm not sure what you're talking about .. perhaps due to my not attempting the "paste the verification data" mode/sequence?

Wazoo, could you delete my forum account or rename it? Thanks.

Renamed, system e-mail should have gone out to advise of this action ...

Archived