Where to report?

duanec

Can anyone direct me where I would be able to send spam claiming that I am a winner of the British Lottery?  Thank you in advance.

30788[/snapback]

In general, spamcop would send a report to the administrator of the IP address sending the message. Have you read the FAQ either here which has expanded on the original here?

In general, spamcop would send a report to the administrator of the IP address sending the message.

I apologize, I should have been a lettle more clear in my original post. I have reported the original spam to Spamcop, but I thought that there would be additional places to forward the spam (similar to how you can report prescription spam to the FDA.)

I apologize, I should have been a lettle more clear in my original post.  I have reported the original spam to Spamcop, but I thought that there would be additional places to forward the spam (similar to how you can report prescription spam to the FDA.)

30796[/snapback]

OK....Still, in the FAQ it these forums is a section titled: Other information, help and links which includes a couple of entries with reporting addresses. The two that pop out at me immediately are:

Marjolein's Ban spam page - includes reporting addresses

spam Links - spam Reporting Addresses

Beyond that I don't have anything specific. Is there even such a thing as the British Lottery that you could complain to? None of the early Google hits on the phrase British Lottery looked official enough to trust.

Archived