Anyone getting Gateway Timeout?

in regard to the  452 #4.3.1  errors: the receiving smtp server is most probably at the end of free disk space

here I would say that bounces.spamcop.net has reached its free HDD space (or the allocated space for the mail server)

maybe @Richard W or @Lking could put in a word to the server's system admin to run a cleanup job ;)  (just a loud thought here 🖖)

On 9/14/2021 at 7:49 PM, anyone8 said:

I'm glad you posted this. Since the "report now" next to the unreported spam didn't let me send anything (it seemed to act like the  reports had already been sent) and my report history showed reports had been sent, I figured the error was temporary and considered the spam reported. However, your post gave me the idea to set the option to cc me on all reports (not sure all accounts have this option). Of the reports I attempted to send today, the one that threw an error several hours ago is the only one for which the cc didn't show up. I think this issue is the first one I've seen (been using Spamcop over 20 years) where it was actually necessary to submit a spam again to get the reports to send. Then again, I could be forgetting!

This gets even stranger: For the regular spam report, the error is 452, but for my cc the error is 550. (all or part of some addresses replaced with "..." just like i did in my previous post)

Can't send report: smtpEnvelope (...@bounces.spamcop.net, report_spam@hotmail.com): smtpFrom: mail From ...@bounces.spamcop.net: error (452 #4.3.1 temporary system error (12) )
Can't send report: smtpEnvelope (...@bounces.spamcop.net, ...): smtpFrom: mail From ...@bounces.spamcop.net: error (550 No expected reply from SMTP)

But wait, there's more: For two I reported about 1 minute apart, this is how the emails showed up:

image.png.a9fca7d6c050376f83e28aee62c0ba95.png

I wonder if some of SpamCop's servers' clocks are out of sync. I don't know if that would be enough to cause the errors, but here's hoping that something one of us says or does will result in an admin fixing this!

Excellent idea! Yes I have that option on my account and been using it as long as you as well. I'm glad my post helped. And yes this is my first time I've encountered any errors too.  It's good that enough of us came here to post that they should hopefully be able to quickly track down the problem and fix it. I've not used the CC option in so long I had forgot it was there.